Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050/650 dimensions?

Can someone point me to the weight/sizes of the 1050 vs. the 650 (with case feeder)?

I'm trying to make up my mind between these 2, want to make sure I have the space (height primairly), and I have a switch out system, so I'll be carrying them to the bench and back to store it.

Thanks....

I'll measure my 1050 tonight and my buddy's 650 as well. To help minimize height on the 650, consider not getting the Strong Mounts (although I think they are a must have).

Rich

Thanks Rich, I was planning on the smaller, 650 only mounts for the 650..

Biggest reason for me for the 1050, I've never had an occasion where I bought a higher end tool than I needed and was disappointed later, but the other way...

If I had a permanent home for the loader (to join my 2 550's), weight wouldn't mater..

They all mount to my homemade bench, 2 1/4" solid maple top.. they're pretty stable..

Any must have 1050 accesories?

How about a small crane to help you move it around in the house!

That's about my main concern...

Thanks everyone for your input...

I just called Dillon to ask the weights..

1050: 70#

650: 50#

And, as long as they were on the phone..

they're both 39" tall..

I'll decide tonight and call Brian tomorrow...

Note that although both machines are 39" tall, the "handle pivot axis height" on the two is different by several inches-- the 650 handle pivots from lower down than the 1050. The 1050 has a shorter and adjustable-length handle which compensates somewhat.

I have both on a swap-out system, setup on a bench designed for me to stand. The 650 does not have strong-mounts (not needed IMHO if your bench is strong and at the right height to begin with). For me, it would be ideal if the 1050 was about an inch lower. As it is now, I stand on a 1" rubber pad.

Guest Larry Cazes

Dave, why not buy me the 1050 and then you don't have to ruin your back carrying it around! It also won't take up valuable bench space either! :D