Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 US vs THEM Campaign

Barrettone

Well, plans have been made for nationals, and I will be attending them with my good buddy Cameron. You see, we will be taking the RV down, staying all week, and taking in the whole event together. But there is a fly in the ointment. You see, I am an RO, and Cameron is a competitor, so we have a "Sleeping with the Enemy" thing going on here. We are making up our US vs THEM banner for the trailer, and will probably have badges or t-shirts to identify ourselves to our respective camps (Mike V. will love that). The jury is still out on whether or not we can dine together in town, so we may need a neutral location that has not already been staked out as either competitor or RO "turf" - suggestions??? One concern arises...If I have to DQ my co-pilot on my stage, who dies on the way home??? I mean, accidents do happen. I have some issue with allowing a guy that I have DQ'd from nationals after he has invested close to $1000 being behind the wheel of a vehicle I am riding in. Is there a protocal in place for this situation. Do we need a rule??? Does USPSA have an insurance policy, and who notifies the next of kin??? Also, who gets the guns of the deceased??? Can they be sold if the survivor doesn't shoot that division. These are all important questions that need answering. I also wonder what he could do to me at night when I am sleeping and most vulnerable (he's a sick puppy when he needs to be). Waking up to a 38 super "blanket party" could be painful. The potential embarrassment factor of not making it to my stage in time because I have been "duct taped" into my trailer could be disconcerting as well. Has this monumental feat every been attempted before??? Advice is welcomed on the matter. :unsure:

Jeff

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Read this last night. All the laughter had my wife confused. Are you really spending the week with this guy? She asked.

Answers:

No one dies, only wounded.

No procedurals

Benefit always goes to the shooter.

Eating out of a cooler and portable BBQ anyway (as my meals are not provided)

Guns will go to next of kin (now my wife will finally see the complete collection, scary thought)

No duct tape will be used on RO, as RO will be needed to pass keys to golf cart, and I will still need a ride home.

Did I miss any?

LDA on order. When was the special classifier? No bagging Jeff, I know you will need at least a C card. :P

Hey, both shooters and ROs frequent the Ritz during the evening hours. While it is well known that there are a lot of ROs in the Ritz, the staff always appreciates those shooters who are brave enough to come in and have a refreshment with us. :P

It used to be that all the adult beverage places were filled with shooters, but I think our shooters seem be to more dedicated now and do not go out as much at night.

Arnie

Arnie,

Are you saying the RO's aren't dedicated?!?!?    :D  :P  :lol:  :lol:

(Just fueling the myth.)

Just the opposite, Kyle! The staff is dedicated to having fun _and_ working hard. We are volunteers you know. :D

Arnie

Arnie, I think, for years the staff has been trying to drink the Ritz dry, with no avail. We'll just have to try harder this year. :D BTW have you called Kim and told her what to expect?

I have even witnessed a couple of the top shooters stop by the Ritz and buy a few pints for the staff.

Now if they just had a Stars club hmmm. :P

The staff is dedicated to having fun _and_ working hard.  We are volunteers you know. :D

Have fun??? Yes... :D

Work hard??? Yes... :huh:

But, volunteers???? :huh: Can we actually be counted as volunteers when we get paid (even if it is in Monopoly money aka Quincy Cash)? :lol::lol::lol:

Well Cameron, according to shooter grrl, we're gonna have to make a little detour to San Francisco before nats. Massachussettes might be less out-of-the-way. You and me on the front steps of the courthouse before the justice of the peace. I'm gonna want to consumate the marriage though at nats (we may need to duct tape that trailer door afterall - you can run, but you can't hide!!!). You might want to let wifee know you've become a mormon (a twisted mormon, but a mormon nonetheless). Mine says yer welcome to me as long as the bills still get paid. Boy, talk about switching to "OPEN" division!!! :D Don't mind the screams coming from the trailer...It's just Cam playing with his new red-ball-harness set. :wacko: English motherf***er...do you speak it??? - Pulp Fiction

Jeff

Ya know Twix...You may be onto something here. HMMM...How to capitalize and make light of a heavy topic at the same time. I can see potential here...Have we printed those nats shirts yet??? We might as well have fun with it and laugh about it, rather than make it out to be a bad thing. Might diffuse it a bit more. I gotta talk to my printer!!!! :D

Jeff

I actually seen Kim, aka Pour Lee of the Lee Family, a couple of months ago. I personally gave her the date of Pistol Nationals. She will be ready as usually. :D

Barrettone & Cameron,

Your camping fee just went up!!! ;)

:D Hey, put me down for a "THEM" shirt.

But don't you think a "Them!" T Shirt is so insulting.

Wouldn't "Us!" be nicer.

But, but, but, surely we are all "Us!" depending on whether we start out as an "Us" or a "Them". We still end up as an "Us". Then again we are also a "Them" to the others.

Oh dear! This is all so difficult. Perhaps I should get a T shirt that says "Us and Them", or better still a "Thus" T shirt. :rolleyes:

Arnie, I think, for years the staff has been trying to drink the Ritz dry, with no avail.  We'll just have to try harder this year. :D  BTW have you called Kim and told her what to expect?

As Denise said, we saw KimGuys a little while ago. Other than the dates of the Nats, she knows exactly how the Ritz should be stocked! :D

Arnie

The staff is dedicated to having fun _and_ working hard.  We are volunteers you know. :D

Have fun??? Yes... :D

Work hard??? Yes... :huh:

But, volunteers???? :huh: Can we actually be counted as volunteers when we get paid (even if it is in Monopoly money aka Quincy Cash)? :lol::lol::lol:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, Brian warn me when you are about to say something funny.

I can just see you know, trying to survive eating on $10 of Quincy cash per day. Then again, you did say you wanted to lose weight! :lol:

Arnie

Just got the rainbow stickers put in the window of the camper, and am readying the shirt order. Have we ever really defined who is the "US", and who is the "Them". Wouldn't want to mix someones order up...kinda like getting the wrong ear pierced dontchyaknow. :D I have really only one goal for this trip, and that is to out eat Jay at Lobsterfest 2004!!!!

Jeff

dminor: I would think that you would have a minority discount!!!

Flex: You got that number for Bulletcamp??? Cameron might need it. :lol: