Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You should use your belt's keeper, and here's why...

Wilkenstein

So there I was working my way through a house type stage. I shoot an array of targets and then begin a reload as a turn right to go through a door. I hit the door frame pretty hard but didn't think anything of it as a finished the reload and engaged another array. On to the final array I reach for another mag and there is nothing there. Uh oh. I look down and see that the outer belt had been ripped from my inner belt and the weight of the mags pulled the mag pouches off the end of the belt and onto the ground. I didn't know what to do so I just shot the chambered round at a steel target and showed clear. 3 targets remaining, so that was that for the day. Lesson learned. I didn't think something so small could have such an effect. Maybe I should wear a helmet when I shoot?

LOL, you're not the only one that feels a helmet is in order, had my share of those types of moments. First time I've ever heard of someone losing their belt during a COF, but anything is possible.

Now where did I leave that belt keeper........

The Arredondo plastic keepers are way better than the flimsy fabric and velcro ones that come with a CR belt.

+100. that is exactly what I use. Works better and is WAY easier to use, plus it always stays on your belt. Almost impossible to lose.

+1

Definitely like the Arredondo keepers. And on that note...

Man, this is really funny. BUT, he kept his composure! I need to look into those arredondo. Actually, Ive never used those belt keepers. Just started using them lately. Part of the reason i havent used it because I cut a velcro and place it on the mag pouches and holster. This way there is 100% contact 360 degrees. Heavy mags and unsupported pouches behind it will for sure drag the outer belt out.

. . . I cut a velcro and place it on the mag pouches and holster. This way there is 100% contact 360 degrees. Heavy mags and unsupported pouches behind it will for sure drag the outer belt out.

I just did that yesterday.

Running singlestack with 5 CR Speed pouches meant that about 25% of the outter belt was not Velcroed to the inner belt. There was some sag where the mag pouches are. Now it's solid all the way around.

I can't seem to find the arredondo plastic keepers on their website. Anyone have a link? Thanks! As my belt has gotten a little older, it does make me nervous wondering what it would take for it to come off so I'm pretty interested in helping it be more secure.

MLM

I can't seem to find the arredondo plastic keepers on their website. Anyone have a link? Thanks! As my belt has gotten a little older, it does make me nervous wondering what it would take for it to come off so I'm pretty interested in helping it be more secure.

MLM

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=AABK

http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=JRBC

Edited by vluc

Just picked up one of the arredondo plastic keepers from Shooter's Connection in an order last week, got one in blue to match my belt too! I watched an RO run out of their belt at a 3-Gun match last month. She did not have handgun a in her holster, only mags but it sure pealed off. I am afraid as much pressure as my belt is under it would EXPLODE off if it got the chance! And I don't trust the velcro keeper that came with my CR Speed.

The back of my Otto shotshell caddies have Velcro to keep the front of my belt secure and I bought a keeper from Dawson Precision a while back but I never feel the need to use it with the extra Velcro.

CM