Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bent elliason target sight

Max It

HI Ya, A while ago I bent the rear sight on my Colt Gold Cup National Match. [it hit the deck]. I can use it. It sights fine but looks crummy. What would you do?

post-23886-0-38041400-1338765332_thumb.j

post-23886-0-21184000-1338765773_thumb.j

Edited by Max It

I would start by contacting Colt, since they still manufacture 1911's, they may be able to supply you with a whole new rear sight assembly. A second option would be to contact Jack First (www.jackfirstgun.com) as they carry old and obsolete gun parts. Even if they don't have a sight assembly in stock today, they can keep your name on file should one become available. Still another option is to search out an old Colt authorized repair facility in Pittsburgh PA. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but will keep searching. They may still have some old Colt parts on hand. Lastly, you might try the Colt Forum to see if anyone there has any other options, or if they can provide you with the name of the Pittsburgh repair facility.

EGW currently shows that sight out of stock. Kensight lists the same sight and shows it as in stock.

Kensight Elliason style sight

Guys, I did not think of this option. Glad to have the help.

If you replace the sight I recommend you don't use the roll pin that comes with it. Those things have a habit of breaking and it looks as though the one on your gun my be broken, as it appears to be sticking out to the side in your pick. Use solid drill rod the same size as the roll pin and you'll be a lot less likely to have this problem.

Had two Gold Cups in the past trick for me was to put a strip of rubber band under the sight. Medium size rubber band fits the channel, only need a small strip. Won't show and never had another problem with the front pin walking or breaking.

HI Ming,

I just ordered one from EGW. Although their website said they were out I called. Also I bought a 9mm reloading die that is undersized to take care of the bulged 9mm problem in my competition XD tactical.

Had two Gold Cups in the past trick for me was to put a strip of rubber band under the sight. Medium size rubber band fits the channel, only need a small strip. Won't show and never had another problem with the front pin walking or breaking.

I used an o-ring of the proper thickness, same result. Then replaced it with a Millet.