Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lazy fedex driver

EkuJustice

So I was sitting here waiting for a package to be delivered from fedex with stuff I need like ASAP for work. They claim they made 2 attempts prior which i doubt as no notes were left on the door and it was during my complex's office hrs. So I was checking my email and what shows up but a delivery exemption showing they attempted to deliver it. I was sitting maby 7 feet from the front door and no knock, no note nothing. Called fedex and i must have not heard him and they cant make any more delivery attempts.

I have had trouble with them before where they would knock and have a note on the door and be sprinting for the truck when i got to the door. In that case guess where the package was as it surely was not in his hand. It was still sitting on the truck.

I am sure with this economy if they posted that job, they would have a stack of applications of someone willing to bust their butt doing that job over this lazy individual. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I refuse to do business with fedex, for just that kinda issues. Let it be known if you are running a web business that doesnt ship UPS or USPS, you wont be getting my business.

sad thing is fedex has no real control over the drivers, they are all independent contractors. If your THAT mad about it, call customer service and file a complaint

Edited by hkguy

I refuse to do business with fedex, for just that kinda issues. Let it be known if you are running a web business that doesnt ship UPS or USPS, you wont be getting my business.

I'm waiting for a delivery today for an item that needs to be frozen on dry ice. It made it to my city at 11 am. "too late for the courier to take today". I just hope it won't be defrosted tomorrow.... I HATE FedEx.

I personally know a FedEx contracted driver in my area, and it was unbelievable the stories he would tell about just this sort of thing happening. Call in and complain, it will get down to the sub-contractor. If they get enough complaints, they won't get another contract.

I called and filed a complaint. I was told it was attempted as their system shows he attempted it. <_< They wouldnt make another attempt or re route the package so its on its way back to my company. If I could get around fedex i would. NOTHING i order comes fedex(prefer usps as it goes in my locked mailbox or the big package box which has a key). My company on the other hand wont ship stuff other than fedex.

I live in base housing. Every house has huge numbers on it and the occupants name on it. We went through a period when they would drop it off at the housing office and say that they could not locate address. We have also gotten the note on an open screen door while my wife was in the next room. Stuff like this just adds to my dim outlook for the future.

Just the opposite in Central Mississippi. FEDEX all the way from Customer Service counter to home delivery is great here. If you try to UPS ship even a long gun back to the builder, UPS Customer Service cuts the box open all the way to the stock usually cutting the stock and/or scratching the bluing in the process in front of 20+ other people who start calling 911 about a gun in UPS. FFL businesses may recieve different treatment. I do not know.

How can the rifle arrive safely when the UPS worker has destroyed my careful packing?

No more UPS for me. When I ship a rifle I usually insure it for at least $4500 because that is what they are worth. I do not have these things happen with FEDEX. UPS also destroys my incoming packages or loses them for a few days only to have them turn up 3 or 4 days late.

Does UPS think I am insuring a Big Box rifle for $4500?

In my area FEDEX labor is not unionized but UPS Labor is unionized?

Does that make a difference?

Bobby H.