Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA near Lordsburg New Mexico?

just like the topic.....

I'm moving to Lordsburg New Mexico, in a few months, are there any clubs near there? I know its about 2 hours east of Tucson AZ, ???

You must have been hired by the Border Patrol. There is no other reason in the whole wide world why anyone in their right mind would ever want to move to Lordsburg... :D

I did try the club finder on the uspsa wesite, but it only searches so far, came up blank on the zip code search

Yes, I work with homeland security.

I was hoping there would be something a little closer than 2 hr drive, I guess Living in SO, Cal for ever spoiled me.

Las Cruces still shoots. Tucson has a lot of shooting, 4 USPSA, 1 steel challenge and I think 1 3gun per month and more. If you have ever been to the Lordsburg area, there just isn't the population to support a match. IIRC Deming may have had something in the past, I don't think it was sanctioned or if it's still going on, but worth looking in to.

I have lived in SoCa. Don't confuse distance with time between NM and SoCa.

Lordsburg is a speed trap within the city limits. After that it is open highway. I make the trip from ABQ to Tucson frequently so the I am fairly comfortable with my assessment. You can get anywhere you want without the traffic issues of SoCa.

No offense to Pat Miles but I would travel to Mesa/Rio Salado before coming up to ABQ, except for the High Desert Classic.

Just be apprised in advance, New Mexican Food is vastly different than Mexcian food elsewhere. Hatch chili is famous. Even southern NM is different than northern NM. In Santa Fe, the can ask if you want Spanish or Mexican.