Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

White monkey holding peach

I just found the end-all be-all for sore muscles. If you ever have a sore or pulled muscle, try this stuff called "White Monkey holding Peach balm". You can find it at your local Asian Market it's cheap, smells great and it works better than anything I have tried! There is also a Great product called Kwan Loong Oil which is great for massaging into a sore area. I went to the Asian market to pick up some stuff for Pho Ga and the lady noticed I had my arm wrapped, so she schooled me in Old school Asian home remedies - sweet!

Edited by tackdr1ver

I just found the end-all be-all for sore muscles. If you ever have a sore or pulled muscle, try this stuff called "White Monkey holding Peach balm". You can find it at your local Asian Market it's cheap, smells great and it works better than anything I have tried! There is also a Great product called Kwan Loong Oil which is great for massaging into a sore area. I went to the Asian market to pick up some stuff for Pho Ga and the lady noticed I had my arm wrapped, so she schooled me in Old school Asian home remedies - sweet!

Great find! Do you know what ingredients are in it? Not that it matters too much if it is working...

I LOVE Pho Lon or Pho Bo, btw! I haven't had it in months....

Great find! Do you know what ingredients are in it? Not that it matters too much if it is working...

I LOVE Pho Lon or Pho Bo, btw! I haven't had it in months....

White monkey Holding Peach:

Methyl Salicylate

Camphor

Menthol

Eucalyptus Oil

Cinnamon Oil

Peppermint Oil

Clove Oil

Kwan Loong Oil:

Mehtyl Salicylate

Menthol

Eucalyptus oil

Spike Lavender Oil

Light Mneral Oil

And yeah, the Vietnamese really have some kick ass soups!

Just don't get addicted to it. There is at least one case of death form topical over use of ointments containing methyl salicylate, and more illnesses. It is toxic. Menthol increases the rate of absorption through the skin. The main benefit of methyl salicylate is that it metabolizes into an NSAID. Namely salicylic acid, which is similar to aspirin.

As for the magic asian balms thing, bengay's active ingredients are methyl salicylate (30%), Menthol (10%), and Camphor (4%).

It's basically bengay with a more pleasing odor and some oils that are probably good for moisturizing your skin.

Just don't get addicted to it. There is at least one case of death form topical over use of ointments containing methyl salicylate, and more illnesses. It is toxic. Menthol increases the rate of absorption through the skin. The main benefit of methyl salicylate is that it metabolizes into an NSAID. Namely salicylic acid, which is similar to aspirin.

As for the magic asian balms thing, bengay's active ingredients are methyl salicylate (30%), Menthol (10%), and Camphor (4%).

It's basically bengay with a more pleasing odor and some oils that are probably good for moisturizing your skin.

Good to know about overdoing it!

Here's the mix on White Monkey Holding Peach:

Methyl Salicylate 3%

Camphor 22%

Menthol 19%

Eucalyptus oil 3%

Cinnamon Oil .80%

Peppermint .70%

Clove Oil .70%