Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing carrier group

assaulter

I'm thinking of putting in my JP LMOS from one rifle into another for a match this weekend. Would you expect any kind of change in zero? I don't like changing things untested, but I won't have time to do much other than function testing with a mag or so before the match. My guess is nothing will happen other than a slight change in the suns gravitational pull on the earth. B)

I'm thinking of putting in my JP LMOS from one rifle into another for a match this weekend. Would you expect any kind of change in zero? I don't like changing things untested, but I won't have time to do much other than function testing with a mag or so before the match. My guess is nothing will happen other than a slight change in the suns gravitational pull on the earth. B)

The JP "low mass" carriers do not affect the suns gravitational pull. :cheers:

I've swapped bolts and seen no changes, I highly doubt the carrier would affect zero.

The JP "low mass" carriers do not affect the suns gravitational pull. :cheers:

I've swapped bolts and seen no changes, I highly doubt the carrier would affect zero.

I have to agree. JP "low mass" carriers do not affect the suns gravitational pull. However, since there is less reciprocating mass to help rotate the earth it will make for a longer day. Whatever you have been told about day light savings time is a lie! :surprise:

I thought that is ware rain spots came from

Consult Forrest Gump. If I remember correctly, he is a rain expert.

"We had rain from up above, sideways rain, and sometimes....we even had rain come from underneath!" FG :roflol:

Besides not affecting the gravitational pull, when switching to a LMOS, do you need to change out the buffer and spring as well? I'm thinking about installing one in my 16" RRA mid-length.

Edited by dohboy

However, since there is less reciprocating mass to help rotate the earth it will make for a longer day. :surprise:

Not true! As there is a back and forth movement by the bolt parallel the the earth where you are at during that particular moment in time while you shoot the gun there would be an offsetting effect. Thus no net effect to the length of a day. Understand that which direction you are facing when you cause the gun to go bang has a direct bearing on how you might otherwise affect the earths rotation. If you are shooting perpendicular to the direction of the earths rotation there is a small chance you may cause the earth to go into a minor speed wobble which will only gain in strength UNLESS after the shooting session when all firearms are unloaded and secured negate the dreaded earth speed wobble by you and your companions drinking goodly amounts of GOOD beer and spewing copious amounts of bullshit.

Remember, only YOU can prevent earth speed wobbling!

:cheers:

Pat

Actually, it will affect the gravitational feel pull of the earth. When you jump into the air, technically you exert force on the earth and it rises up to meet you. This affect is directly proportional to the size of the objects, so it takes a really big guy to move the earth much :surprise:

I thought that is ware rain spots came from

Consult Forrest Gump. If I remember correctly, he is a rain expert.

"We had rain from up above, sideways rain, and sometimes....we even had rain come from underneath!" FG :roflol:

You forgot "we been thru every kinda rain day is, little bitty stinging rain, big ol fat rain....