Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about sending M&P Pro to S&W

Roland

I got an M&P Pro 9mm not too long ago. On the first trip to the range gun kept shooting left to the point that I was completly off the target. Checked the gun over and noticed that the front sight had drifted alot under recoil. I sent it to S&W and sight was replaced.

Got it back and gun was shooting large groups to the point that at 20 yds I was off target sometimes. I tried other handguns I had and had no problem grouping. Tried different ammo brands and still have the same problem.

From reading on this forum and others it looks like I am stuck with a paper weight until I replace the barrel.

I read another post where they kept sending their gun back and S&W returning it as acceptable.

Should I even send it back. Has anyone had luck getting the accuracy fixed on their M&P

Make sure the rear sight is tight. They typically come loose on the M&P.

If that doesn't work send it back. That's what everybody else who owned one has ended up doing at one point or another.rolleyes.gif

If that doesn't work send it back. That's what everybody else who owned one has ended up doing at one point or another.rolleyes.gif

Never had to send mine back

:sight:

My M&P Pro 9mm was sent back to Smith two times. The first time was for light primer strikes and I told them it never hit the same place twice. I was having a very hard time shooting groups at 20yrd and 25yrd. They sent it back with a new barrel. After the barrel swap, I can get 4" groupings at 25 yards. Not perfect but I can live with that for local USPSA matches. Give them a call. I think they usually replace the barrel for anyone complaining of inaccuracy. Its worth a try.

Never had to send mine back

:sight:

So you're the one!!! sight.gifsmile.gif

How big of a target are you sometimes off at 20yds?

The couple of times I have gone to the range it was an 8inch shoot n c bullseye. Unsupported shooting my groups were about 6 inches with fliers off the bullseye. I then went to a sandbag and could keep almost all the rounds in the target. I am not the best bullesye shooter but I can pull of decent 3-4 inch grouping with my stock G34.

I never paid much attention to the rear sight. It doesn't look like it moved. And I would be sure that S&W would make sure it was on good after they had to fix my front sight.

Next time I go to the range I will see if it moves.

I put Dawson adjustable sights on mine. Much happier.

I thought about doing the same but didn't want to waste money on something that might not be the issue. I could live with the gun shooting a little low or high or even left or right as putting adjustable sights would fix that. However, my targets look more like a shotgun pattern rather than a grouping.

My M&P Pro 9mm was sent back to Smith two times. The first time was for light primer strikes and I told them it never hit the same place twice. I was having a very hard time shooting groups at 20yrd and 25yrd. They sent it back with a new barrel. After the barrel swap, I can get 4" groupings at 25 yards. Not perfect but I can live with that for local USPSA matches. Give them a call. I think they usually replace the barrel for anyone complaining of inaccuracy. Its worth a try.

I will probably do that next week and at least give them a chance to try to fix it. After that I don't know what I would do if they can't or won't fix it. My one dealing with the customer service department was great but I have heard of some horror stories from other M&P 9mm owners.

I've owned 5 and none of them had to go back to the factory.....

Both my 9/L and my .40 Pro 5" have KKM replacement barrels, and shoot very accurately. The stock barrels were accurate also, I just happen to like KKM barrels in my M&P's and Glocks. I feel they are just a little more accurate, and I am able to shoot better groups with them. YMMV.