Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry's users, what's your recipes?

NicVerAZ

Wish I could afford Montana Gold, right now, but Berry's is close to half the price. I also believe they have improved their product quite a bit.

I am trying to find a good recipe with 124gr FN. Right now I use Federal primers, 1.06 OAL (as recommended by Berry's) and 4.4 of HP-38.

What recipes do you use, for which bullets and weights?

Thanks!

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

If you shoot in any quantity, MG is cheaper.

I'm current;y putting 4.5gn WSF under Berry's 124gn FPHB.

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

You are quoting the price from Berry's. If you buy from Powder Valley, it is $71.77 per 1000.

So, back to the topic :)

I use Berry 124gr RN DS

3.8 or 3.9gr Titegroup (depends if Im using an auto disk(.34 hole runs 3.8gr) or measure/charge bar).

mixed brass

CCI 500 primer

COL 1.155

Runs 130-132PF in my 9mm XDM 5.25

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

You are quoting the price from Berry's. If you buy from Powder Valley, it is $71.77 per 1000.

Add shipping from Powder Valley:

"We will ship via the best method to save you money. Shipping will be calculated and added to your order. Our typical shipping charges are based on the subtotal of your order. Subtotal <$150.00, shipping $9.95; <$300.00, $13.95; <$600.00, $15.95; >$600, $19.95. Please use this as a guide only. Freight for Wads, shot, media and cast bullets are subject to increased freight charges. We can ship shot, bullets and brass via the U. S. Postal Service for $14.00 per box up to 60 pounds, subject to size requirements."

Frankly, the cheapest I have found for Berry's is from TJ Conevera for $85/1K shipping included but they do not always have them in stock.

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

Add shipping from Powder Valley:

"We will ship via the best method to save you money. Shipping will be calculated and added to your order. Our typical shipping charges are based on the subtotal of your order. Subtotal <$150.00, shipping $9.95; <$300.00, $13.95; <$600.00, $15.95; >$600, $19.95. Please use this as a guide only. Freight for Wads, shot, media and cast bullets are subject to increased freight charges. We can ship shot, bullets and brass via the U. S. Postal Service for $14.00 per box up to 60 pounds, subject to size requirements."

Frankly, the cheapest I have found for Berry's is from TJ Conevera for $85/1K shipping included but they do not always have them in stock.

Dude! Not all of us want to buy 3,000 bullets. Or we like Berry's.

Thanks for understanding.

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

Where can I find MG at these prices?

Current price on 124 gr. FP Berry's bullets is $86.45/shipped. I haven't found them any cheaper anywhere and they shoot well in all my pistols. I just order them direct and they arrive in 4 to 5 days.

I have found that the slower powders produce a bit better accuracy at distance... say 50 yards, and that there is a marginal difference from 25 yards in..

Good slow powders are HP38 /231, VV330, Universal, WSF and AA5 - Fast powders.... well the search function will give you an evening's entertainment.

IMHO - you are in the ballpark with what you are currently loading, load lots and shoot more. ;)

Edited by Service Desk

Wish I could afford Montana Gold, right now, but Berry's is close to half the price. I also believe they have improved their product quite a bit.

I am trying to find a good recipe with 124gr FN. Right now I use Federal primers, 1.06 OAL (as recommended by Berry's) and 4.4 of HP-38.

Thanks!

I've shot alot of 4.3 Grs. HP38 behind the 124 HP berrys and it's accurate and makes minor out of my Glock 34 and my XD but 3.8 grs. of AA #2 is more accurate, and slightly softer at same PF out of both pistols. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I use that exact load from my Glock 34 for a PF of 133. The only difference is I use the Berry's Flat Point Hollow Base, simply because they seem to be just a touch more accurate. I am not too fussy about primers, though. WSP or CCI also produce the same results for me.

1,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.118

4,000 pcs

Berry's $.088

MG $.832

I'm getting them for .085 from the dealer about 2 miles from my house so I have no intention of switching.

I'm running 4.7 gr of WSF and the OAL is 1.050.

Thanks!

I have some Berry's ordered and I will be working up my first loads this week. My CZ likes short OAL. Trying to gather as much info as I can. Just looking for sources. Where did you find a recommendation from Berrys

Edited by gary2232