Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Updating the old Caspian w/comp mod question.

ZoomZoom

Dragging the old girl into the 21st century.

Mag well, Trik trigger, racker, all 5 C-more mounting screws [thanks SLM/Ryan!] and I had some bocote laying around so I made some wider grips for my ginormous hands. Got a few 140's and a couple 170's coming.

I got an all day lesson scheduled with Chris Tilley on 5/8 when I down in NC for the week.

Edit: Old skool 2 port comp. Any advantage/up side to cutting in a front of comp side port to either side? [sorry that sentence sounds like hell]

402301598.jpg

Edited by ZoomZoom

Nice looking gun. The grips you made look great, but I am just partial to wood grips on a gun.

Please keep us posted on your Caspian adventures. :cheers:

Dragging the old girl into the 21st century.

Mag well, Trik trigger, racker, all 5 C-more mounting screws [thanks SLM/Ryan!] and I had some bocote laying around so I made some wider grips for my ginormous hands. Got a few 140's and a couple 170's coming.

I got an all day lesson scheduled with Chris Tilley on 5/8 when I down in NC for the week.

402301598.jpg

Where are you getting your 170 mm Caspian mags or is this converted to STI mags?

Pat

Side drafts might help with recoil impulse, though I didn't notice much when I bored a couple of holes into the front chamber of my old full profile two chamber comp. Don't cut them so big that the tops of the side ports are near the sides of the top ports...they'll crack through the thin section. You might have to bore a couple poppel holes through the barrel and slide to compensate for the loss of downforce from the front chamber.

• 1 year later...

Hey, that looks like a great makeover to the old girl!

Gotta love the feel of cold steel in the hand! :cheers:

Which route did you end up going to fill out your mag quiver?

Hey, that looks like a great makeover to the old girl!

Gotta love the feel of cold steel in the hand! :cheers:

Which route did you end up going to fill out your mag quiver?

Jim Anglin made me 2 big stacks that function great.