Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag pouches for production rig

e-mishka

I have daa belt and mag pouches set up for limited.

I'm sharing this set up between limited and production and hate to deal with moving them around every time.

I like daa belt, just looking for some good pouches that work with witness mags and go on to 1.5'' competition belt.

Is there a way to just buy outer daa belt?

Or can you guys recommend other brand outer belt?

If you want cheap and will fit anything, try the Uncle Mike's double stack mag pouches. Of course, they only hold the magazine straight up and down close to your body, but they are cheap, they fit the 1.5" belt, and you can adjust the width on them to hold a wide variety of double stack magazines. You just won't look like "the cool kids" with the Versa's and the DAA's. :lol:

If you want cheap and will fit anything, try the Uncle Mike's double stack mag pouches. Of course, they only hold the magazine straight up and down close to your body, but they are cheap, they fit the 1.5" belt, and you can adjust the width on them to hold a wide variety of double stack magazines. You just won't look like "the cool kids" with the Versa's and the DAA's. :lol:

not that cheap ;), been there done it.

safariland 773 seems pretty reasonable, anyone has em?

I must have lucked out getting the Uncle Mikes at less than $10 a piece at my local gun store when I was first starting out. Since I only need 3 to carry 6 mags, it seemed like a good choice at the time until I shot more and got to see what other gear people had.

Good find with the 773's. Those prices have come down quite a bit since I first looked years ago. Anyway, I've seen the Safariland pouches around at the matches. They look great for limited, but seem to use up a lot of real estate on the waist when shooting production. Okay I guess if you have a big waist, but if you have a 28" or 30" waist, you'll need to be more efficient with the use of space.

Edited by Skydiver

I must have lucked out getting the Uncle Mikes at less than $10 a piece at my local gun store when I was first starting out. Since I only need 3 to carry 6 mags, it seemed like a good choice at the time until I shot more and got to see what other gear people had.

Good find with the 773's. Those prices have come down quite a bit since I first looked years ago. Anyway, I've seen the Safariland pouches around at the matches. They look great for limited, but seem to use up a lot of real estate on the waist when shooting production. Okay I guess if you have a big waist, but if you have a 28" or 30" waist, you'll need to be more efficient with the use of space.

no problem with a big waist, have one, lol

The Ghost holster doesn't work with the Match because of the round trigger guard. If you had a Stock II or Limited, you'll be okay. Or you can send the gun to Rich to have him square the trigger guard.