Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everytime I want to talk about hardware...

Dowter

OK. I gotta vent.

I shoot til I'm knee deep in brass.

I practice with two guns cause one always gets too hot.

I dryfire and reload til my forearms are sore.

I constantly study my various media of books and videos(Brian Enos, Matt Burkett, Jerry Barnhart, J. Michael Plaxco, Ed McGivern, etc...) looking for something that I've missed before.

I almost never miss a local match and have been trying to shoot two guns at each.

I'll be shooting three major matches this month.

BUT ... if I spend 5 friggin seconds talking about trying to improve my gun or equipment some doofus always has to come along and imply that I'm trying to win with my equipment and I should focus more on practice.  To those doofuses I say - Shut the hell up!  You don't know a damn thing about my practice habits and I've seen the junk on most of your guns.  You have no room to talk!

Ahhhhhhhhh... that feels better.  I can now go another 100 posts without exploding.

Yeah but sometimes I want to send out a virtual [bitchslap] to some forum members who always post about guns and gear and never have questions about shooting them. I guess they are all GMs who can't benefit from the wisdom of BE, Phil, Travis, Bruce, etc.

Erik Warren said:  

Yeah but sometimes I want to send out a virtual [bitchslap] to some forum members who always post about guns and gear and never have questions about shooting them. I guess they are all GMs who can't benefit from the wisdom of BE, Phil, Travis, Bruce, etc.

We don't all take the same path to knowledge.

Erik:

One of the major pistolsmiths in the country once told me something to the effect, "...there is security in walking to the line knowing you have the best equipment in the world. It removes all doubt and you can then concentrate on learning how to shoot." Do you think there is any merit to what he said or is it just salesmanship?

BTW:

Would you be sending out a bitch slap or a pimp slap?

Dowter,  considering the round count and size of some of the stages I hope you have lots of help!!!  The steel alone would merit a small army.  Great match,  thanks again guys.

When I read your post I thought of Steve Anderson.  I got the pleasure of having a few ( few too many maybe) with him and a couple other regulars after the match.   Any that don't know Steve shoots a Berretta.  I'm sure he's heard the 'this is what I did/used, newbie'  line lots.   Most that try and give him 'advise' about his training or equipment probably haven't seen him shoot,  which is the case with you too I would guess.  I did spend a couple of hours razzing Steve about 'shooting the wrong gun',  but hes bigger than me so he can shoot what ever he wants!!!      

I know your just venting and thats cool.   Maybe you should challenge those idiots to a freindly shoot off.  Bet they would quickly find more excuses than brass on the range after the match!!!  

3 qtr, thanks for the kind words, you should see me on a good day.

I hear the opposite of dowter's rant: You're OK, but you'd be great with a real gun...just what 3qtr told me over beers.

I plan to get Great with this one, then maybe I'll be AWESOME with another one.

The confidence thing is true. When I go to the line, I know that pistol is gonna put 'em where the sights look, and spit those empties out all day long.

Equipment matters, but shooters matter more.

SA

Maybe you should challenge those idiots to a freindly shoot off.  Bet they would quickly find more excuses than brass on the range after the match!!!  

Whooooa now!  I didn't say I was better than the guys giving me grief.  I just said that I didn't appreciate the grief.

I am looking forward to the shoot-off at the Ohio Championship this Sunday.   I am a vastly better standards shooter than field course shooter so I should do moderately well.  But I'll probably get a GM in the first round and get smoked.

Here's a glock story for ya...when my #1 was out of comission for a trigger spring issue, I borrowed a buddy's G35 to practice for a GSSF match I was entering for fun. (me, a gssf member? sad but true)

I made three A zone had shot hits in a row at 15 yds on in indoor range with that g35, then my smile faded as the thing jammed on shot 4.

When I shot the gssf with the same gun, it jammed again at the 50 ft. line. (fresh clean and slide glide)

I was using sissy loads on a borrowed gun, but my Italianos will cycle anything, anytime. And my single actions at 2.75 lbs put that hinged contraption to shame. A 7lb DA is a small price to pay to get those sweet SAs.

Tell ya what, next match at Rayner's, I'll reshoot with ANY gun and holster Flex wants, and we'll compare scores. If I do better with the (gasp, shudder) Glock, I'll consider switching. I'll bring some 40 minor and shoot the Flexblaster in production, I guess.

(I'm thinking that 18 rd para 9mm from Dale's (forgot which anklebiter was shooting it) would be even better!)

And Kyle, you'd make master with an STI!

SA

Cool I got a shootoff going!!!  But I think you should shoot limited/limited 10 with Flex's loads just to make it fair.  ( I say this next because I didn't tell Steve exactly where I live, at least I don't remember it!!!)  I do remember a jam with the Berretta-that-never-jams,  but I don't recall seeing Flex's 35 jam at all.  he he.

Could you guys post some videos of the event???  Just for us that can't attend.  ( Feel free to edit the parts where Steve is giving me the finger!!!)

P.S.  Did I say something about Flex being a Master with an STI.  I could have sworn I was in the bathroom during that point of the conversation!!!

(Edited by 3quartertime at 8:13 am on Sep. 27, 2002)