Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload techniques for Mossberg 930 JM?

On any shotgun, you need to open up the loading port as MUCH as possible and under cut the front to funnel the second shell down into the tube.

Thanks Benny, I undercut my port and suddenly Load 2 works nearly every time. There's a significant ridge on either side of the magazine that is hell on thumbs as well, I removed that and undercut about half of the thickness.

• 2 months later...

On any shotgun, you need to open up the loading port as MUCH as possible and under cut the front to funnel the second shell down into the tube.

Thanks Benny, I undercut my port and suddenly Load 2 works nearly every time. There's a significant ridge on either side of the magazine that is hell on thumbs as well, I removed that and undercut about half of the thickness.

Anyway you could post some pics of your work??

• 5 weeks later...

Question about switching from loading 3 shells weak hand to loading 4 weak hand. I am currently using a 6 round Cal. Comp Works shell caddy and loading 3 rounds weak hand at a time and then grabbing the remaining three, I wanted to try the AP customs 4x4 to see if it would be quicker. My problem is I got use to the grab three technique and now I'm having trouble handling the fourth shell, it stacks up on the others and doesn't lay flat in my hand. Do I need to just keep practicing or is the four shell technique for guys with crazy long fingers like an orangutan?

I use the 4x4's on my JM Pro without any problem but I do have larger than average hands. I had an FSL 12 but despite the size of my hands could never get my technique to the point where I could load even two consistently.

Jesse,

That was your first time loading with the QUALOAD system? Not too bad for a first time atempt!! First time I was into the 6's for 4 rounds and thought no way am i ever gonna be able to do this!! But, a little grinding and a little more practice, I cut the times in half. My short term goal is to do 8 rounds in 5 or less (shot to shot).....which for an old guy like me is gonna be great. i know that the pro's and guys that actually practice will do much better than 5....but 5 for me is gonna be fine.

Tim

Yessir, this was my first time. I purchased your shell holder around Christmas or shortly thereafter and this was the first time trying the method using any type of loader. Brought a box of 100 shells and just practiced by live fire.