Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

offset upright mounts.

donnyglock

They were invented to help with inconsistent ejection (I assume primarily for 9mm major). They aren't terribly offset and for talking to people, they don't seem that difficult to adjust to. Like anything, lots of dry fire helps.

I would caution you that they do not cure the problem of having brass hit the mount and bounce back into the opening or never leaving the opening. I watched it happen last night.

The sideways mount leaves the ejection port completely clear and allows for a lower sight in relation to the bore of the gun. There are those who don't like a sideways mount because on the large mass (the base of the cmore) to the left

They were invented to help with inconsistent ejection (I assume primarily for 9mm major). They aren't terribly offset and for talking to people, they don't seem that difficult to adjust to. Like anything, lots of dry fire helps.

I would caution you that they do not cure the problem of having brass hit the mount and bounce back into the opening or never leaving the opening. I watched it happen last night.

The sideways mount leaves the ejection port completely clear and allows for a lower sight in relation to the bore of the gun. There are those who don't like a sideways mount because on the large mass (the base of the cmore) to the left of the dot. I don't find it to be an issue at all.

I am looking forward to trying out the cmore RTS on one of the new mounts that either Jojo vidanes or Matt cheely are working on. If they can keep the ejection port clear and keep the dot low enough, that may be the ticket.