Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P pro .40 for IDPA

Bevenue

robert ray would know, but unless you reload or buy something like factory loaded minor the extra recoil would work against you as there no scoreing of major or minor which is why you see very few 40's in idpa.

you can shoot ssp or put a magwell on it and go esp.

of cousre there is more you can do but you get the idea.

3 grains of straight Clays, behind a 180 grain bullet, and it will shoot softer than most 9mms. :surprise:

My load exactly and it does shoot incredibly soft. But the 124gn 9's are cheaper and my bag weighs less 3+ pounds less (400 rounds). :)

3 grains of straight Clays, behind a 180 grain bullet, and it will shoot softer than most 9mms. :surprise:

Soft shooting it great but how accurate are they?

It's been my experience, in my gun with my loads, that the 180 gr needed to be up near at least 825 fps. Anything lower and they wouldn't group well at 20 to 25 yards.

When developing loads I use paper plates with a black X marked in the middle. Label the plates with the load I'm shooting then staple these up at 20 yards. I shoot ten rounds at each plate then count the holes, measure the group and staple them all together. I chrony the best of the group. (I have used the chrony at times during this process, knocking two steps out at one time.)

I'm sure there are better ways to develop loads but this works well enough for me.

Headed for the WST and 180 lead.

But the 124gn 9's are cheaper and my bag weighs less 3+ pounds less (400 rounds). :)

But the .40's give me a better chance of breaking the perforation to a better score. lol

Oh, If I want to save 3 pounds I might clean out my range bag. Those ink pens and tape rolls keep adding up. ;)

Soft shooting it great but how accurate are they?

It's been my experience, in my gun with my loads, that the 180 gr needed to be up near at least 825 fps. Anything lower and they wouldn't group well at 20 to 25 yards.

When developing loads I use paper plates with a black X marked in the middle. Label the plates with the load I'm shooting then staple these up at 20 yards. I shoot ten rounds at each plate then count the holes, measure the group and staple them all together. I chrony the best of the group. (I have used the chrony at times during this process, knocking two steps out at one time.)

I'm sure there are better ways to develop loads but this works well enough for me.

I was getting 2" groups at 25 yards with my Glock 35, and my M&P .40. :devil: