Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Premature Pasting

Steve Anderson

- Have to have someone re-shoot the stage eats up all the time saved.

-  ...and isn't fair to the competitors.  Good or bad...the first runought to count.

-  another thing is that the score keepers sometimes makes the call, without the shooter getting a chance to see thier own hits.  Sometimes there is disagreement.  ;)

(Edited by Flexmoney at 9:31 pm on Oct. 6, 2002)

The problem can be solved by the RO telling the shooters on the squad exactly which way the are going to score the stage during the walk through. The shooter SHOULD follow the RO to each target, don't paste until the shooter looks at the target. Takes the same amount of time and prevents any problems.

Ro gets done calling the hits, and there's an empty target line, targets are already pasted.

Result: 2 alpha or a reshoot, depending on club.

So easily avoided by waiting to paste until the scoresheet is correct.

Also prevents ANY possibility of the "buddy- pastes early- to- get- his- friend- a- reshoot" nonsense.

Do you really want to reshoot a smokin' run because the clipboarder made an honest mistake?

Do you want to lose a close stage, even at a local club match because the ro gave your rival 2 alpha on a missing target?

If pasting is slowed a little, that's a small price to pay for truly accurate scoring.

We can set/paint steel, pick brass and WAIT 45 seconds to get the stage scored properly the first time.

Thanks, I feel a little better now.

SA

Steve

You are not going to get the squad to wait to paste the entire stage until scoring is complete. I know what you are saying but unless it is changed to a rule. Ain't happening.

What you must do is follow the RO through the stage scoring. When you see an problem ask for clarification.

This can never prevent a premature pasting like Brian did and you will do as we all have.

I shot a match a few weks ago where the SCORER was scoring and taping before the RO and I had come back from downrange!  They had apparently been doing this with every squad, so it was "OK".

If have these "time-savers" quit bullshietting and direct the squad more efficiently, they'd save more than they'd know what to do with.

"..Who's are next shooter?....I don't know ..who has the paper?...hell I thought you had it...Oops I left it in the bucket at the last stage....well what about the timer?  I don't have it ,..do you?  Nope...hmmm..  I gotta'n idea, let's tape the targets early to save time Ralph!  Good idea Fred!.." :fumming icon:

We didn't wait to paste at our stages at the Nationals this year unless we had a miss or a hit to a non-threat.  We did it so that the next squad would not have to wait  in the 90 degree heat and 100% humidity before they could shoot, swatting 'skeeters all the while.  ( I had enought DEET on me to kill a velociraptor, but by the end of the first day I still looked like a 3-D relief map of Nepal )  We scored 'em fair and square, and the doubt went to the shooter.  If anyone wants to see their hits, all they gotta do is ask the SO's.....