Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Question Glocktriggers.com

glock22.scout

I have a Glocktriggers.com quesion. After some research and feeling the trigger on someone's G34 I have bought "The Challenger" from Jeff Wilson. I have watch some videos about the trigger and there are mixed opinions about changing the Plunger spring and the reduced striker spring. My question is for people that have changed their trigger. did you change those two springs also and if so why and if not why? I have a G34 Gen 3.

Thanks

Glock22

I got the Vogel for my G17. I installed it with no problems whatsoever. I have not tried the 4.0 firing pin spring yet as I have a nice smooth 2 3/4 lb pull. I put back in my standard connector last nite and will try that tomorrow at our monthly match. It raised the pull just a small amout but it feels a little crisper. The plunger spring I wouldn't worry about as I think that plunger is going to fall into place easily. It just decreases the resistance to the trigger bar movement. If you are going to shoot factory ammo then you might want the heavier firing pin spring. I talked to Jeff and he said that if you use federal primers then you could go all the way down to the 4.0 and should have no problems with setting them off. I can say that the kits take The glock trigger to a whole new level.

Yes. The general issue with the reduced power striker spring is that it can create issues with harder primers not going off because the striker doesn't strike the primer as hard as the factory spring. The solution, especially if you load, is to know what primers you're working with and remain consistent in your ammo selections. Which is something someone competing should try and do anyway. If you still have trouble with it you can either buy an extended tip striker, or go back to the factory spring.

As for the plunger spring, I don't think I've ever heard of any issue with it. As far as I know it will lighten the trigger pull but doesn't do anything to reliability. Do you have a source or link to these complaints?

CM

Yes. The general issue with the reduced power striker spring is that it can create issues with harder primers not going off because the striker doesn't strike the primer as hard as the factory spring. The solution, especially if you load, is to know what primers you're working with and remain consistent in your ammo selections. Which is something someone competing should try and do anyway. If you still have trouble with it you can either buy an extended tip striker, or go back to the factory spring.

As for the plunger spring, I don't think I've ever heard of any issue with it. As far as I know it will lighten the trigger pull but doesn't do anything to reliability. Do you have a source or link to these complaints?

CM

I didnt find any complaints, Just mixed opinions, Some said change it others said it doesnt really change much of anything. I was just looking for more information from others that have changed to this trigger or ones like it. I can say i am very impressed with Jeff Wilson's company. I received my trigger in 3 days!!! cant wait to shoot this new trigger, I ordered a new guide rod srping and reduced (14lb) spring also, I was waiting to change everything at the sametime.

The main concern when changing the safety plunger spring is making sure it is properly installed. When removing the safety plunger the spring should be inside. And yes I have several including some Edge's and all the springs were changed. Except for one gun that does not have a safety plunger where it is not required by division rules.

I've had a Glocktrigger before in a gun I sold off a while back and they're a very good product, that said, they don't work miracles, a Glock trigger is it's own animal and has to be learned, a DIY trigger can be just as good if one knows what to polish and how, and gets the right parts.

Now I can say from my experience that going to a reduced power striker pin block spring isn't always a win-win, I've found that while they almost always do lower the pull weight a bit, in some guns, with some trigger bars, they also can take away some of the trigger crispness and add some unwanted mush as the spring can be soft enough where the lifter tab can feel like it's maybe "falling in the hole" or just in some cases the trigger can feel better with the little extra spring power from the stock spring helping to keep the trigger bar stay more rigid as it goes back... Every Glock is slightly different, IMO sometimes the stock spring there feels better, sometimes not.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed an Edge trigger into my open G17 gen 4.

There is a very noticeable difference in reduction of pull travel/weight than with a LWD 3.5 connector/6 lb trigger spring and all polished internals.

I run an Edge on my Gen 3 Glock 17. The thing is flawless with the low powered striker spring. I shoot my reloads with CCI or Winchester small pistol primers.

The trigger is pretty amazing and a worth while investment for me. But others it depends on their intentions.

Jeff was great to deal with and we above and beyond to get me the trigger quickly.

I've had a Glocktrigger before in a gun I sold off a while back and they're a very good product, that said, they don't work miracles, a Glock trigger is it's own animal and has to be learned, a DIY trigger can be just as good if one knows what to polish and how, and gets the right parts.

Now I can say from my experience that going to a reduced power striker pin block spring isn't always a win-win, I've found that while they almost always do lower the pull weight a bit, in some guns, with some trigger bars, they also can take away some of the trigger crispness and add some unwanted mush as the spring can be soft enough where the lifter tab can feel like it's maybe "falling in the hole" or just in some cases the trigger can feel better with the little extra spring power from the stock spring helping to keep the trigger bar stay more rigid as it goes back... Every Glock is slightly different, IMO sometimes the stock spring there feels better, sometimes not.

I know what you exactly mean. I think every Glock has it's own parts tolerances, you have to sometimes mix and match certain parts to have that almost perfect trigger pull. I had a G17 RTF2 before that has the old style serrated trigger pad, I only installed a Wolff reduced striker spring and plunger spring, stock trigger return spring and a OEM 4.5 connector, no polishing whatsoever, and it was the best trigger set-up I had on a Glock ever :) I mean you can dry fire the gun with your strong hand only and once the trigger breaks, no front sight movement at all, even when you don't try hard enough to grip the gun :)