Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Magazine Info

burningsquirrels

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHile we are talking mags. Has anybody noticed that the SP01 19 round mags take a Short OAL than the AFC megars? To me it doesn't make sense but my rounds run fin in my AFC mags but sometimes get hung up in my SP01 mags. I'm running 1.140 OAL. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to 1.135.

That's interesting. I have a couple of the CZ 19 rounders as well as the Megar 17 rounders... I load to about 1.150 and haven't noticed any problems.... yet.

WHile we are talking mags. Has anybody noticed that the SP01 19 round mags take a Short OAL than the AFC megars? To me it doesn't make sense but my rounds run fin in my AFC mags but sometimes get hung up in my SP01 mags. I'm running 1.140 OAL. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go to 1.135.

That's interesting. I have a couple of the CZ 19 rounders as well as the Megar 17 rounders... I load to about 1.150 and haven't noticed any problems.... yet.

I load to 1.150 and have ZERO problems. I used to load out to 1.160, and had zero problems with any of the mags taking them.

Maybe there is something else going on with your mags - weak springs, sticky follower?

It appears the MecGar AFC mags are a few thou longer front to back, and ever so slightly wider as well.

I've got a few of each, and had noticed that occasionally, a mag would fall out of what I thought was a properly tensioned pouch. As it turns out, properly tensioned for the AFC is a bit looser fit for the CZ mags, and more prone to being knocked out during a sloppy grab for a mag. So, it appears I need to standardize mags, one way or the other. :blink:

I plan to use my newly ordered CZ 75b SA for both ESP and Limited (IDPA and USPSA) and need to order a few extra mags.

What is the highest capacity mag that I should get that will meet the requirements for both. I realize that I will only load to 10 in IDPA, but there is the box dimension to deal with and the mag length limit to deal with.

• 1 month later...

I had a small mag issue recently and did some digging here and have not found exactly what I need to know. So I dug this up, it's the closest I could get to answer, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm shooting a SP01 Shadow using MecGar 17rd mags with the blue follower and original springs. They are brand new. So, 10+1 at the start I shoot 8 leaving three in the mag. Go to do reload and the mag hangs up and doesn't drop free. Next reload, before my first Texas star, and the darn thing hangs up again. I've never had issues with the mags not coming out, approximately 600 practice rounds through these mags. I replicated it at home later and found the next round in line to be loaded gets pushed forward and noses out just enough to interfere somewhere in the grip, making the mag drop only a 1/4" or so and then stopping.

Is this something that will go away as my mags 'break in'? Or should I be looking at changing springs?

I read about the bevel on the leading edge. Should I just polish first and see if that is sufficient and then go for the bevel if the problem persists? Not scared to bevel, but if it's not necessary why bother, right?

Thanks for all the help everyone, it's much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah..more like this.... :o

...and I was that boy :(

It's a good "Teaching Moment" to know what magazines will not cut the mustard in regards to length. Since I'm no good at shooting, the least I can do is be a lesson for others.

Sad thing, is I prefer the CZ ones as they are more prone to drop free (in my experience), and I had 5 of them that fit, and two that didn't. Doh!

Edited by huskerlrrp

It's a good "Teaching Moment" to know what magazines will not cut the mustard in regards to length. Since I'm no good at shooting, the least I can do is be a lesson for others.

Sad thing, is I prefer the CZ ones as they are more prone to drop free (in my experience), and I had 5 of them that fit, and two that didn't. Doh!

I knew the feeling. At the IPSC Nationals I had the extended base pads shooting in Standard division. Problem was, they were the extended pads for the 16 rounders. I had them on the 18 rounders. Welcome to Open!

I knew the feeling. At the IPSC Nationals I had the extended base pads shooting in Standard division. Problem was, they were the extended pads for the 16 rounders. I had them on the 18 rounders. Welcome to Open!

Maybe we can start an "Open CZ" division. All mods are legal as long as they provide no competitive advantage.

Wanna' cover your slide with grip tape? No problem.

Feel the need to carry 33 round magazines with 10 or 15 round limitations? No problem.

I am going to polish the rail on the underside of the slide for my CZ to see if it takes care of the double feeds I have been having. I have the dremel and the polishing wheel any suggestions on what to use as a polishing compound. never tried something like this before so figured I would ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone find a source for the rubber pads? "My rubbers are wearing out." :roflol::cheers:

I haven't found any alternatives to the CZC rubber pads now that the Beretta pads are no longer available. I've been happy with the polymer pads on my Mecgar AFC 17 rounders though. They are pretty similar to the pads on Glock mags and I've yet to have one of those fail.