Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going Vertical

brhalolll

Nice.

I would recommend you use at least one more screw in the scope mount instead of going through the *thumb rest [generic]* then the scope mount.

Reason is the scope mount may pivot on the one lone screw you have in the mount. The bevel for the screw head in the scope mount keeps the mount from shifting around.

For me, I use three screws for the scope mount and two screws for the *thumb rest [generic]*. So far my set up has held for 1,200 rounds in the past couple of months.

You can see my set up in the vendors section under Cameron's Custom.

Nice.

I would recommend you use at least one more screw in the scope mount instead of going through the *thumb rest [generic]* then the scope mount.

+1

I was just about to say that. Use 3 screws for the mount, and only 2 in the thumb rest. It's more important to keep the scope zeroed than keep the thumb rest on right?

I can't decide if I like the pedal all the way forward or all the way back. I am going to go shoot it today with it all the way forward. I'm sure it probably depends on what feels best for each shooter.

All 5 of the screws thread into the frame. Knowing that, do you still think I need one more screw that goes just through the mount?

The angled head of the screw is what keeps it centered. There is always a little play with the through hole around the thread diameter of the screw.

I can't decide if I like the pedal all the way forward or all the way back.

Depends on your thumb length. I have fairly long ones, and my rest is more forward (closer to the comp) than your, so both of your positions would be too close for me. OTOH, there is fair amount of tolerance, you get used to the position your have chosen, provided it is not totally wrong.

I can't decide if I like the pedal all the way forward or all the way back.

Depends on your thumb length. I have fairly long ones, and my rest is more forward (closer to the comp) than your, so both of your positions would be too close for me. OTOH, there is fair amount of tolerance, you get used to the position your have chosen, provided it is not totally wrong.

Since it's mounted try it, you can always move it rearward. Dr. Chet recommends the pad be behind the slide release pin.

Range report due ;)

I was finally able to get to the range and try out the vertical mount and thumb rest. I really like the c-more mount. My draw height is much more natural, since I am used to 1911s with iron sights.

I shot the thumb rest in the more forward position (muzzle end holes aligned), and ended up moving it back one hole (hammer end holes aligned). I think I will leave it there or maybe even try moving it back one more hole (hanging off one hole on the hammer end). I am still getting used to placing my thumb in the correct spot on the draw, now it has to go somewhere specific.

I had all kinds of fun, discovering problems as well uncovering answers to some curiosity. As much as I hate locktite, I will probably use a little. My mag release button screw backed out and two of my DAA mag pouches had loose screws. Also, I tested the shot impact at a longer distance and found the bullet hitting 6-9" high, which was very counter intuitive. My firing pin also had an interference problem with the hole in the keeper, and was not resetting all the way after a dry fire. I ended up sanding on it to relieve the interference.

Overall, I am very happy with the 90 degree mount and thumb rest. At $165, together, these are two very worth while accessories in my opinion.

That's looking rad.

So, what about blow back to the optics. Any problem?

No problem. Shot around 500 rounds and the c-more lense is less dirty than with the standard mount.

Edited by brhalolll

What distance is your zero, and what distance were the longer shots? There's a really good spread sheet in this section of the forum with open gun ballistics and points of impact. You can plot and understand your bullet path with a few inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after about 200 rounds the front screw that holds the C-More to the mount loosened up and fell out at the range today. I guess I am going to be a lock-tite guy. Against my will. This gun must rattle screws loose!