Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Silent Captured Spring & Buffer

Carlosa, how did you get confirmation? I ordered mine with an lmos and received it but no word on my buffer.

I ordered mine months ago along with a new upper.

Upper shipped about a month ago.

When I ordered they said the next batch would shipped around this time.

Yesterday I received the ups tracking email, and notice it had been charged.

Today I received an invoice from Jp.

If you called them up they'll give you an estimate :)

Edited by carlosa

Tried mine out today and it was uneventful. May run it at Midwest for the ultimate test!

Glad to know that I am not the only one that had an uneventful experience with the JP Silent Capture Spring. I tried it in my JP rifle lower and didn't notice any difference. I just put it in my JP carbine lower and will give that a try this weekend. Hopefully I will get that "Wow" feeling like everyone else.

Tried mine out today and it was uneventful. May run it at Midwest for the ultimate test!

Glad to know that I am not the only one that had an uneventful experience with the JP Silent Capture Spring. I tried it in my JP rifle lower and didn't notice any difference. I just put it in my JP carbine lower and will give that a try this weekend. Hopefully I will get that "Wow" feeling like everyone else.

Run your buffer tube and spring dry and you will hear it. If not I'll give u $59 for your captured setup.

Run your buffer tube and spring dry and you will hear it. If not I'll give u $59 for your captured setup.

Thanks to KurtM's rifle class, I don't run my buffers dry.

Mr. Mayor, your $59 offer was very generous but I will have to pass.

Edited by cajun0007

Do you actually run your buffer tube dry though? A little bit of Kroil on the spring does wonders.

Guilty of dry buffer spring... no one told me not to...

Got it in just a few moments and had it in about 2 minutes later (most of the time getting to and opening the safe). Put the in using a teeny allen wrench to just push the pin down enough to slide it in.

So silent. Now I can't wait to get out and try it.

Edited by splitime

• 1 month later...

If you installed one of those super awesome new JP captured Buffer spring setups and it ran great for several hundred rounds at 100 degrees it may need more gas at 50 degrees. It appears that the captured spring may be a bit stiffer than the standard low mass buffer/spring setup.

• 5 months later...

My dad and I put the new JP silent capture spring set up in my CTR-02 and it made a noticeable difference. My gun used to have a slight "rowing type" motion to the recoil impulse under rapid fire but the new set up now shoots flatter and has a softer feeling recoil impulse. I am glad we made the upgrade.

I had not said anything until now because of all of the raves about how great the JP captured spring was. I was not at all impressed with mine. I just put lithium grease on a regular buffer spring and it does not make noise. Also did not notice any difference in recoil impulse either.