Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge June 2-3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder for all of those folks with >+5 extended tubes like me. Remember to plug it so it only holds 8, otherwise you'll get bumped to open. This isn't like the pro/am and the rules read no more then 8 in the tube at any time.

Just a reminder for all of those folks with >+5 extended tubes like me. Remember to plug it so it only holds 8, otherwise you'll get bumped to open. This isn't like the pro/am and the rules read no more then 8 in the tube at any time.

Open is where the fun is. Come join us. I have a long, long tube on my Versa Max. :-) And big mags on my pistol, two optics on my rifle, etc.......it's all fun toys.

:devil:

On a more serious note, I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Edited by michael1778

"Ghost loading is specifically not allowed"? What the hell is that? If I take my extended tube off, I can only get 7 in my tube. I need the ghost load to get division capacity...... Would that mean ghost load not allowed if it gives you more than 8 in the tube? Or ghost loading is not allowed at all?

"Ghost loading is specifically not allowed"? What the hell is that? If I take my extended tube off, I can only get 7 in my tube. I need the ghost load to get division capacity...... Would that mean ghost load not allowed if it gives you more than 8 in the tube? Or ghost loading is not allowed at all?

Just finished match

First of all the stages were great

A fun match

Now as far as divisions they were more people shooting open than listed one person goes and tells then you have me in the wrong division they take him out put him in open the difference between a gun and a flash light the next person who says you have me in the wrong division tells them it does not matter

I thought prize table was based off # of people shooting more people shooting more prizes for that division

So it does mater now for all division did a open shooter knock down a shooter in finish order

I don't know but there were a few stages where many people made some mental mistakes that resulted in Match DQ. One stage had 4 or 5 Match DQs on day one. I was only able to attend on the first day (Squad 7).

Great match with lots of longer range targets. Challenging stages that tested your ability to shoot all 3 guns. Will be there next year. For the first time this match was held I thought it was well run and a ton of fun

Yes, there were stage DQ's. From the rule book, Page 3 - Section 3.

Stage Disqualification

1. A participant shall be disqualified from a stage for impacting a non-designated steel target with a slug.

Great match with lots of longer range targets. Challenging stages that tested your ability to shoot all 3 guns. Will be there next year. For the first time this match was held I thought it was well run and a ton of fun

+1

I agree very much.

It exposed some pistol weakness I didn't know I had and showed my rifle is improving but I've got a long way to go.

Edited by michael1778

This match was a lot of fun. ROs were great, range was fantastic for this type of a match. There was lots of steel, reasonable challenges and plenty of slug shooting.

This one will be a priority when I schedule for next year if they have it.

Awesome RO's and Staff, good all natural terrain stages. Challenging stages which demands you know your rifle dope. Accuracy with pistol and shotgun is a must. I can't remember choking lower than mod. I will definitely shooting this again next year.

It was fun and I will be shooting it next year. I wish they would have broke up the pros to shoot with the nonpros, I thought that would have been cool to shoot with some pros. I almost got Clint on stage 8 close but not good enough. 16th overall not bad for my first match.

Outstanding match, :cheers: Staff, RO's and land owner were all great, stages were a blast, good challanges without anything undoable,

Definately on my list for next year as well and worth every minute of the drive from Alabama, thanks guys for a good weekend

Jeff

This match was exceptional in many ways, especially considering it was the first major match that has been put on by this team. I know Charles, Steve and Damon learned a lot that they will no doubt incorporate into next years' Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge. The prize table was excellent, again for a first-time match, so please be sure to write a quick note to the sponsors letting them know we appreciate their support of our sport and please remember to support those sponsors who are supporting us financially. Full disclosure: I was an RO for this match (Stage 1) and I want to say that I really appreciate the positive comments regarding the ROs and staff for this match. I also want to compliment the shooters. We didn't have anyone on our stage who gave us one second of problems or attitude and I really appreciated the skill level and discipline you all displayed throughout the two days. I hope you enjoyed shooting the match as much as I did and I look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Shot Heavy Metal for the first time at this match, and while I was greatly disappionted in my performance I still had a great time, and still plan on shooting Heavy Metal, or Heavy Metal Optics in the future. Want to say thanks to Bryan Ray, and Patrick Kelly for giving me advice on equipment, and shooting this division. You guys inspired me to do this, and hopefully I shall keep getting better at it. Also Mark Otto at Triangle Shooting Sports for helping me with advice, and my shotgun equipment.

Here is the video from my favorite, and what I felt best stage of the match. Though I believe I placed overall higher in Stage 5 but I prefer stages with all 3 Guns.