Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just ordered a 13# recoil springs with tungsten guide rod for my g17 g

paopao

I'm not a big fan of tungsten guide rods but then maybe yours won't break like mine did. Plus I thought it slowed down transitition times. Unless the Armscor is 150-160 power factor then it is a waste of money. The 13# spring will probably reduce flip and dip. Use an IMSI spring and pull the end cap of a stock RA or buy a steel rod. Be aware Wolff & IMSI springs use different rod diameters.

I don't think it's going to slow your trans. times down that much. And as far as breakage goes it's hit or miss. I've had good luck with Tungsten rods, but then you never know. 13# is truly about as light as you'd ever want to go with a Glock. Much lower and you'll see the gun not return to battery 100% of the time. Plus be ready to change it more often than 15# or 17# springs. Not that it's that bad but just be ready. Having a spare spring on hand is always a good idea, but with a lighter spring it's even more important. I dont know about diameters, so I'll forego that question.

Shooting Production division? Make sure to weigh the gun with the tungsten rod in it. The rods are sometimes heavy enough to make the gun close to being overweight.

Edit to add. I see you are new so welcome to the forums!

Edited by Sarge

Tnx guys for the response...actually what made me decided to change to a 13# springs is because im having some problems when my bullet is about to load into the barrel, the slide jam into it. Our ammo here is not consistent with its load. Does the 13# springs will help? im shooting production

Tnx guys for the response...actually what made me decided to change to a 13# springs is because im having some problems when my bullet is about to load into the barrel, the slide jam into it. Our ammo here is not consistent with its load. Does the 13# springs will help? im shooting production

Paopao,

This big question that nobody's asked yet and I suspect is relevant: Are you shooting IPSC (International) or USPSA in the States?

If you are not in the U.S., that set-up is against IPSC's Production Division rules. Modifications are EXTREMELY limited in International competition.

No, just the opposite. A lighter spring will have LESS power to feed the round into the chamber (if I understood your situation correctly).

I run a Glockworx full length Tungsten rod with a 13# spring in my 34 and if at any time I get lazy with my wrists the slide wont go back in to battery....barely (read-jackwagon operator error), other than that....I love the weight, and srpingload.

• 4 weeks later...

My first post!?Well...not quite.

I\'m an IPSC shooter.

I have 2x Glock 34s(Limited/Standard) and a Glock 17 (Open-comped)

Each of my Glocks have the same set-up.

IE.Lightning Strike lightweight firing pin w/4lb Wolff spring,

11lb ISMI Recoil Spring,6lb Wolff Trigger Spring,Lightning Strike

Ti Firing Pin Safety w/lightweight Wolff Spring and the usual 25cent

Trigger Job(incl polished Extractor Depressor Plunger)

J.P Enterprises Mag Button and a T.H.E. Extended Tungsten Guide Rod

in both 34s and a Glockmeister Captured Tungsten Guide Rod in the

Glock 17.Polished feed-ramp on barrels,LWD,KKM and Storm Lake.

ANNNDDDD-I\'ve never had any problems with either of them for the last

three years. I believe it\'s the correct combination of parts and mods.

My loads for the 34s and 17 are obviously different.

Sorry for the long post, maybe this info will help somebody.

Best Regards.

Edited by jacala