Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got a M&P22 for the GF...?

GhostMercury

I bought an M&P22 to practice with since I'm using my M&P9 in USPSA. I got the call this morning that it had been dropped off at my local range and got everything together to head down there. Well after over 2 hours of shooting we finally decided we had shot enough for one day and packed up. (My girlfriend is not a shooter, and doesn't ever shoot because she is tiny and doesn't like even the 9) On the way home she is talking about getting herself a range bag for HER new gun. First couple times I thought she was just describing it as the gun she likes shooting...Nope I think the M&P22 is no longer mine. It's alright because if it gets her into shooting it is worth the cost. But umm I thought this was my new toy. I wonder if this means she is cleaning it and buy ammo too!

PS The CCI Stinger rounds are freakin awesome! The Muzzle flash just makes me giggle every time lol

O and she was questioning why I wanted more magazines for the 22, but after the first couple rounds of reloading every 30 seconds she says to me "Ooo now I know why you wanted more of these things"

As far as a range report, I had zero malfunctions after firing 300-400 and wanted to fire even more just for the fact that it cost almost nothing compared to my 45. The gun was greased just shy of dipping it in a bucket full of it lol. I did a quick tear down and wiped everything off with a microfiber rag at the range and threw some gun butter on it before firing.

I think he has the M&P pistol and not the AR version rifle.

LOL happens every time, ask for M&P22 pistol mags and get reference to the rifle mags :)

I got the M&P22 pistol magazines direct from S&W website, that's the only place I could find them.

What I really like about it is using it at a rimfire event or rimfire-only range, and having the range-officer challenge me "Hey rimfire only! Get that 9mm outta here!" ;)

Edited by SlowShooter

i have had excellent luck with www.44mag.com currently out of stock but they usually replenish their backstock rapidly--keep your eyes on their site--excellent service rapid shipping and great prices

Gosh I didn't know they were still around ..... I ordered lots of Glock mags from them when the Federal AWB sunset occurred way back in 2004~!!!!! LOL

So how much do these S&W M&P 22's usually sell for:? I recently got a M&P 9 and I like it so much wouldn't mind having a .22 variant.

This is how it started with my wife. I started her with a Sig Mosquito. Then she got a M&P 9c. She tried my 9 Pro, and liked it. Then she started steel challenge and USPSA Production. She bought ME a 40 Pro as a present. I turned it into a Limited gun, so now SHE shoots Limited too :roflol: I got her a MP22 pistol for Valentine's day to practice with. It really helps me since I don't have to reload as much :devil:

Now I just shoot whatever she doesn't want to the day of the match. <_<

It would be pretty cool if Apex decided to make some M&P22 parts, but I assume it will be a little while. The trigger isn't anywhere near unbareable though, so for now it is a great plinker. And I sure due hope she decides to keep moving up to larger guns. It would be nice to have a range buddy that is nice to look at lol.

I've fondled them, and a friend of mine has one on layaway that I plan to shoot, if he ever pays it off. :blink:

I've read nothing but good reviews on them as far as reliability, but, has anybody done any accuracy testing with different ammo? :surprise:

Just got mine yesterday from On Point. Looks great, very nice trigger pull, however, (and this bums me out) it will not fit in my comp-tac holster. The slide is too fat.

There is a good test on Gunblast. The freaking thing shot as good as 1/2", yes 1/2" groups at 25yds from a ramsom rest. (which is the way ALL pistols should be tested)

The post about the girlfriend is TOO funny!

The pistol is pretty accurate actually. Very comparable, if not better then my 9 (let it be noted that I don't have accuracy issues with it...yet) It does not fit in my Thumbdrive holster which kind of stinks, but it's not like I'm competing with it anyway.