Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am not any kind of expert on the classification system, but I believe for a match to count as a classifier, it needs a minimum of three GM's per Division. At least that is what someone told me. Those that have better info feel free to correct me if I am in error... ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not any kind of expert on the classification system, but I believe for a match to count as a classifier, it needs a minimum of three GM's per Division. At least that is what someone told me. Those that have better info feel free to correct me if I am in error...  ;)

Nice to see you admit you are not an expert, Brian! :D

Yes, for the match to count as a classifier there are certain standards that Dave Thomas applies to the match, one of which is a minimum of 3 GMs in a Division. However, there will also be a classifier stage at the match.

Arnie

i have a question for any of the officials from area 3...

Ok so, I'm turning 18 next sunday, and with the new rules coming out, that would drop me from being a junior, but until those new rules are implemented, technically i'll still be junior correct? im asking because of the cost of the match matters, and im hoping to not pay the adult price when i can still pay the junior price

and also does anybody know when those rulebooks are going to be distributed?

(knowing jeeper, he'll nag me about this  :lol: )

The rulebooks still have not been received from the printer. When they are received and distributed a date will be established when the rules will become effective. Whether that will happen before the A3 match is still not clear.

In the meantime, Troy is correct. Right now you are a junior, if the new rules go into effect before the match, you will not be a junior.

If you have already mailed your application (postmarked prior to July 7) we will not gouge you for the extra fee. :)

Arnie

If you have not yet mailed your entry for Area 3 and want to shoot Saturday, you are too late. Today's mail will no doubt fill up all the available slots for Saturday.

Still openings for Thursday and Friday, though.

Arnie

I am not any kind of expert on the classification system, but I believe for a match to count as a classifier, it needs a minimum of three GM's per Division. At least that is what someone told me. Those that have better info feel free to correct me if I am in error... ;)

Area 6 only had 2 GM's in Production and was counted as a classifier, BTW.

Nice to see you admit you are not an expert, Brian! :D

Never claimed to be an expert, and happy to admit it! ;)

Area 6 only had 2 GM's in Production and was counted as a classifier, BTW.

Don't know what to say.... maybe there is some other criteria that goes into this that offsets the 3 GM rule. I do know that one of the forum regulars WON A class a couple of years ago at Area 5. He had been working on getting his M card, and usually if you win your class at a major, it is an automatic promotion, right? Well, he did not move up, so called Sedro to find out why. The response was that there were only two GM's in the Division, so they could not count the match as a classifier, and move him up. Go figure.... :wacko:

Cooter,

If you are shooting in Open or Limited you can just about gaurantee the match % will show up as aclassifier score, also if Emanuel has a classifier stage in the match it will too so there is a possibility of getting more than one.

Depending on the Number of GM/M that shoot is what makes a match go in as a classifier, and if the Match director checks the box on the Santcioned match/tournament application that says, results for classification.

Hope that answers your question.

and good luck as this is your first Area match, the biggest thing I can tell you is Have fun, be safe, if you have questions ask sombody even the ROs they are there to help and they are also shooters who care about the sport enough to donate their time.

Sam Keen

BDH do you know what stage you will be working?

Slightly different question. Does anyone know when the stages will be posted on the web for the match?

Not sure if the stages will be posted. Emanuel has the stages in a software format that I cannot use. I will check with him to see if he can get the stages posted on the Area 3 website.

Arnie

Hi all,

I just got home, it is 6:45pm Thursday night, July 8th and the last of the Sat. slots are now filled for the Area 3 match. If your entry is received tomorrow or later you will be notified that you are not in the match for Saturday. Anyone sending an entry needs to request Thursday or Friday only. AREA 3 is full for Saturday!!! Thank you. :D

So I'm guessing there's some kind of 007 theme behind this huh <_< ? Yes I know master of the obvious. Looks like there's going to be some interesting stages to say the least, can't wait.

Cooter

P.S. Can we get the scale of the stages or is that something we don't find out till we get there?

Hi all,

Please do not forget that tomorrow, July 15th is the cut off date for the reduced Area 3 entry fee. Make sure your entry is postmarked with that date. The fee is $150.00 after that date. There are still slots left for Thursday and Friday. :)

Hopalong,

Saturday is filled with 115 shooters for that day!

BDH  do you know what stage you will be working?

Yep, I'll be working with my buddy Paul Hernandez on....

Stage 10 - From Russia With Love

Since Paul is the CRO this is perfect since I can sneak around unobtrusively, and when shooters ask me questions, I can say stuff like...... 'I know nuthing... NUTHING...' :lol:

Oh wait, that was from Hogan's Heroes... crap, now I am going to have to find my From Russia With Love DVD and review my lines. <_<

James Bond..... okay, I remember something about Goldfinger.... and then there was someone named Pussy Galore, wasn't there?? :wub::huh:

D*mn, I am going to have to sign off before violating some forum policy.... :lol: