Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just upgraded my STI Spartan

hartzpad

Just had some work done on my Spartan 9mm. Needed a longer trigger reach so I got a Caspian Trik long trigger to replace the stock plastic trigger, had it resprung and worked on by a local gunsmith. Pull feels to be 2.5-3 lbs and very crisp. Added some wider grips and some grip tape, feels great. I think I'll add a small magwell and replace the plastic MSH with a checkered steel version. This gun is very tight and accurate, has about 800 rounds through it and 0 malfunctions. Love it.

Can anyone recommend a good magwell/main spring housing to look at?

6883581413_c584e4ab74_z.jpg

6883581429_27399ce604_z.jpg

Dawson Ice and Techwell magwells are both treated very positively by a lot of shooters on this forum.

I have a Dawson on my Kimber, and absolutely love it. The caveat about base pads, however, is very accurate. For single stack mags, you would need to make sure that the base pad is long enough for you to seat mags comfortably and quickly. Also, with the Dawson product, you need to decide whether to go with the "gap" or "no gap" plastic insert. I really like the no gap version, but I shoot 10 round 45 mags, so the adjustments I have to make to the base pads are pretty minimal.

Good luck and have fun!