Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swarovski Z6 Gen 2

rtr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go here: http://z6.swarovskioptik.com/en/ . They made an excellent scope better! I can't afford a new one and will have to stick with my Gen 1 Z6i 1-6x24 BRT.

Doug

Thanks for the link. I thought I might be mad that I just bought a ZD Kdot but it doesn't appear they changed the Z6i "much".

I was already a really good scope and the changes seem to be for the better. It also cost more than twice as much as your ZD. Many people don't think its worth twice as much but that's a decision the buyer has to make. I'm happy with mine.

Doug

Go here: http://z6.swarovskioptik.com/en/ . They made an excellent scope better! I can't afford a new one and will have to stick with my Gen 1 Z6i 1-6x24 BRT.

Doug

Thanks for the link. I thought I might be mad that I just bought a ZD Kdot but it doesn't appear they changed the Z6i "much".

I was already a really good scope and the changes seem to be for the better. It also cost more than twice as much as your ZD. Many people don't think its worth twice as much but that's a decision the buyer has to make. I'm happy with mine.

Doug

I do agree that the Z6i is an awesome scope and better than the Meopta. I just feel that at my level and the shorter courses we shoot in Ohio it isn't worth it. But I'm definitely not ruling one out down the road. They did improve it from the old design but it wasn't as significant as I thought it might have been.

Maybe I missed something but I don't find it has a "leave on" setting which would indicate it will shut off

if turned to the side far enough. Also, I don't see the BRT reticle listed in the tech specs but it is on the main site. It's probably just me and the clumsy navigation of the site.

I am probably wrong about it but if that is the case, I can't see it being an improved version, at least

for 3 Gun use.

Craig

Maybe I missed something but I don't find it has a "leave on" setting which would indicate it will shut off

if turned to the side far enough. Also, I don't see the BRT reticle listed in the tech specs but it is on the main site. It's probably just me and the clumsy navigation of the site.

I am probably wrong about it but if that is the case, I can't see it being an improved version, at least

for 3 Gun use.

Craig

The site does not list the BRT but they do have it. 9x23guy just ordered his. Not sure what is up with the site.

Pat

The website now lists the Gen 2 BRT. I talked to a Swaro rep yesterday when I ordered mine. You can manually turn the tilt sensor off.

That makes sense. I sure couldn't see them moving away from what worked but the website threw me.

I could see the tilt feature handy in some situations but overall, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

But that's just me. Still a great scope.

Craig

Doug

Doug

I do agree that the Z6i is an awesome scope and better than the Meopta. I just feel that at my level and the shorter courses we shoot in Ohio it isn't worth it. But I'm definitely not ruling one out down the road. They did improve it from the old design but it wasn't as significant as I thought it might have been.

Its the law of diminishing returns. You have to pay more and more for just smaller and smaler steps up the ladder in performance. Is the Z6I three times the Scope the Meopta is. No. I would say the Meopta is about 85% of what the Swarovski is for less than half the price. But for those that want the best only the best will do.

Pat