Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

That's an ongoing sore point about the scoresheets generated by EzWinScore: It currently can't print scoresheets with a NPM's column. If I don't have a lot of time, I hand draw the boxes in. If I have time, I use Bill Noyes' .PPT scoresheet templates.

Do you really use disappearing targets often enough for this to be an issue? I've never seen that much use for them myself, but what the heck do I know, I've only been designing stages for a year now and I've got a lot to learn. But this is not the time nor place for this - think I'll start another thread.

At my local club, about once every 3 months, a stage designer will come up with disappearing targets. Other clubs may also have about the same ratio. The key I think is the weather to be good enough the appropriate props get dragged out, and not have to worry about dealing with bagging them.

Also for classifiers that are fixed time, we use still half-sheets that we print instead of the whole sheets in the classifier handbook.

Edited by Skydiver

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to PractiScore...

It does not seem to be possible to import the stage definitions into PractiScore. If it is, I'm missing it.

There is an option to import a Master file, but when I choose that, it's asking for file named "registration.txt" and I have no idea what that is, how to get it, or how it will be used.

The scoresheets display no-shoots in a column before misses. Why? I would expect it to be the other way around.

That's all for the moment. Stand by for more...

Read this for importing masternames.db. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13935743/PractiScoreManual.pdf

I would feel better if there were some way to print out the score. If you run a couple of hundred competitors over 10+ stages, sooner or later someone is going to transcribe the score wrong. The paper copy is the "official" copy, but the electronic score is most likely to be correct in the case of a discrepancy.

Would be great if someone more familiar with electronics could investigate cheap pos printers.

I googled several ones, though not sure about the final cost:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/515690659/Mobile_Thermal_Printer_with_pocket_size.html (cost is $90 - $105 per unit, software support for Android and iphone)

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/429523378/Thermal_Printer_80mm_SP_T8.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/431930661/Small_Portable_Handheld_Thermal_Printer_T9.html

Edited by euxx

There is an option to import a Master file, but when I choose that, it's asking for file named "registration.txt" and I have no idea what that is, how to get it, or how it will be used.

Read this for importing masternames.db.

So, the message is wrong, it shouldn't be looking for a file named "registration". I assume that it is going to be looking for a Tab delimited file as opposed to any other type.

So, the message is wrong, it shouldn't be looking for a file named "registration". I assume that it is going to be looking for a Tab delimited file as opposed to any other type.

Yes, it's a tab delimited file named "registration.txt". When you export the master names database from ezWinScore, it will default to this filename.

Yes, it's a tab delimited file named "registration.txt". When you export the master names database from ezWinScore, it will default to this filename.

And make sure you follow the directions and select the right type (not CSV), and the right data elements during the export. it's all in the PS manual at the back in an appendix.

Need a domestic distributor.

Why would you want pay more to domestic distributor if you could order directly from the manufacturer? Most of those accept orders even for one unit.

The only problem is that it would require some explicit support in PractiScore app in order to be able to print on those over Bluetooth.

When you export the master names database from ezWinScore, it will default to this filename.

Got it now. EzWinScore calls the file registration.txt because it's a generic file name used for the export which may be data from either the existing registrations or from the master database. Some times I just have to blindly follow the directions before I can make sense of it all.

BTW, testing this out on my new Kindle Fire has proven to be a lot simpler than I expected - once I figured out what steps in what order I needed to do things.

Next step is to demo to a variety of people at the next match and see what they think. Assuming that goes well, we'll start looking at the Nooks.

Edited by Graham Smith

Need a domestic distributor.

Why would you want pay more to domestic distributor if you could order directly from the manufacturer? Most of those accept orders even for one unit.

The only problem is that it would require some explicit support in PractiScore app in order to be able to print on those over Bluetooth.

Because it would take weeks or months to get directly from the mftr, if you got it at all. And if there was a problem, more weeks or months to ship it back.

Is there anywhere to export the match results so that a link can be posted to a club website for viewing? How do results appear on the Practiscore site?

On rare occasion we may have a shooter leave the match w/o finishing all stages. Is there a way to enter a DNS, similiar to EZWS?

Is there anywhere to export the match results so that a link can be posted to a club website for viewing? How do results appear on the Practiscore site?

On rare occasion we may have a shooter leave the match w/o finishing all stages. Is there a way to enter a DNS, similiar to EZWS?

go look in match results on the Practiscore.com site for how they appear, there are many matches there... look for gpsl, naas, or cgc for example.

Also, PS has the ability to output the HTML version of the results and email those to whomever directly if you like.

Alan

Currently there is no mechanism for marking a shooter as DNF, but I believe that's in the plans. If you're exporting the match back into EzWinScore, you'll need to do a missing scoresheets report and manually mark those shooters as DNF on those stages.

--jc

go look in match results on the Practiscore.com site for how they appear, there are many matches there... look for gpsl, naas, or cgc for example.

Also, PS has the ability to output the HTML version of the results and email those to whomever directly if you like.

Alan

Trying to avoid email as much as possible...

Nothing in the results section of how to get the match file posted there...

PS's generated html match results are the best in the business. I used to create match results like from ezws manually, and it took hours. They did all the work and all you have to do is upload the results to a location in your website and link to it. It looks great, and even includes Combined.

Oh, and there's nothing rare about a DNF. We have one or two almost every match.

Edited by wgnoyes

PS's generated html match results are the best in the business. I used to create match results like from ezws manually, and it took hours. They did all the work and all you have to do is upload the results to a location in your website and link to it. It looks great, and even includes Combined.

Oh, and there's nothing rare about a DNF. We have one or two almost every match.

I too like the results, the only options are to "share" them to Dropbox, email (gmail), or an IM host... would be nice to export directly to Practiscore or some other host, thus the ability to link. I'm not a webmaster so cannot upload there.

I too like the results, the only options are to "share" them to Dropbox, email (gmail), or an IM host... would be nice to export directly to Practiscore or some other host, thus the ability to link. I'm not a webmaster so cannot upload there.

What would be really nice is if/when you hit email results the results would be emailed to anyone registered for that match with an email.

At the bottom of the Results page, there is a button to post to Practiscore.com. It's super easy.

At the bottom of the Results page, there is a button to post to Practiscore.com. It's super easy.

Hmmm... I have the latest Android version, I see no such button to post.

Sorry.. it isn't in the Android version yet. It will be soon.

Easiest way to do that is to find an iOS device, sync, and post from it.

Ken N.

Ken N.

Yeah, what he said... Sorry, forgot to put that in my original response... We all use an IOS device as the final device and post from there to the PS.com site... it's just super easy from an IPad and you can check the results on a large screen prior to posting.

Alan

Ken N.

Yeah, what he said... Sorry, forgot to put that in my original response... We all use an IOS device as the final device and post from there to the PS.com site... it's just super easy from an IPad and you can check the results on a large screen prior to posting.

Alan

Thanks! Hoping I wasn't going crazy...

Worked like a charm from my Android based tablet (Archos 101). Shared the registration and stage/score files to my dropbox, imported to EZWS from there. No fuss, no muss. :cheers:

Used the program today - worked great!

Here's the BIG problem with Practiscore.

From now on, newbies will say - "WTF?! WHY THE HELL DOES THAT GUY KEEP TEXTING IN THE SHOOTING AREA DURING THE STAGE RIGHT BEHIND THE RO?!"

:roflol:

Scoring - there's an app for that.

Edited by DyNo!

Used the program today - worked great!

Here's the BIG problem with Practiscore.

From now on, newbies will say - "WTF?! WHY THE HELL DOES THAT GUY KEEP TEXTING IN THE SHOOTING AREA DURING THE STAGE RIGHT BEHIND THE RO?!"

:roflol:

Scoring - there's an app for that.

ROFL! roflol.gif

I assume you guys were using iPhones and/or Androids for your outing with the app. Was there any tablets out on the range?

An update for practiscore is now available for apple iOS devices. 1.4 fixes a problem with creating stages and also attempts to address duplicate competitor entries for walkup registrations. More information on the app store.