Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arthritis

feederic

The sooner that Modern Medicine finds a cure (or at least an effective palliative) for arthritis, the better. I've had it for ages in just about every joint and it's a complete b**ch. :angry2: Both hips replaced.

It can help with weather prediction, though. :rolleyes::D

I understand. I have some in my hands and now shoot either a 40 which has less torque than a .45, or just shoot. 9MM. I took a 1911 Class last year and shot a .45 as I assumed we were suppose to and my hands were hurting the second day. Both instructors were shooting a 1911 in 9MM though. :surprise:

It started in my back over 25 years ago. I found out the hard way most arthritis meds can cause a G.I. bleed.

Moved into my knees and soon after my feet. Several years ago it started in my hands.

Haven't been able to make a tight fist with either hand since 2007.

I guess it keeps me out of fights.

Bill

The sooner that Modern Medicine finds a cure (or at least an effective palliative) for arthritis, the better. I've had it for ages in just about every joint and it's a complete b**ch. :angry2: Both hips replaced.

It can help with weather prediction, though. :rolleyes::D

Be limpy all you want to/have to be.

You're always my SigLady.

:D

• 1 month later...

Ah yes. I've got gout (which is a type of arthritis). It's supposed to be something that usually doesn't onset until middle age, but I've had it since I was 19 (now 30). Its only flared up bad enough to keep me from a match once, but it hurt like heck occasionally.

I have it in the knuckle of my trigger finger. I also have a big ganglion cyst on the tendon to my trigger finger. :angry2:

I tried to get advice from my GP doc and he asked what makes it hurt. I mimed pulling a trigger and he said "well don't do that". Gee, thanks. <_<

Last year I switch from revolvers to 1911s as my primary match guns and that greatly reduced the pain in the days after a match.

"Last year I switch from revolvers to 1911s as my primary match guns and that greatly reduced the pain in the days after a match."

Aha! A solid case for the superiority of the 1911! :devil:

A cure for arthritis, no less! I obviously need to shoot my Kimber more often... :D