Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver

9X23Guy

What is everyone's experience with these. I'm getting ready to start my a build in the next month or so and the price looks great, $89 on Brownell's. I'm using a Vltor MUR upper and was wondering about the fit to that particular upper, if anyone has had problems fitting any of the lower parts kits in one and overall quality of the spikes lower. My original plan was to call Noveske but that's a pretty good price. Thanks in advance.

I just put one of these together... Everything fit fine, only thing i saw even close to out of spec was the trigger guard roll pin hole. It was drilled a little high compared to my mega and RRA lowers. Other than that it was good. Fits tight to a dpms upper i have. I got mine from joe bob outfitters for $79 with free shipping if you spend over $90 on stuff.

Ive got one on my 3gun rifle and its great. fit and function are what I would expect a quality lower to look like. Planning on future builds and unless a crazy good deal comes up at the right time, ill get another Spikes.

• 4 weeks later...

I built my 3-Gun rifle on a Spikes lower, and have a Stag lefty upper on it that was built to my specs by Spikes (benefits of having their shop in your back yard). Fit between Spikes lower and Stag upper is excellent. The only fit exception I have is a slight variance between the flattop on the upper being slightly taller than the handguard rail, but it doesn't affect my scope mount.

Just built out a rifle on a stag lower last week. Very nice lower. Fit with my YH upper, just about perfect. Mine has the 2nd ammendment etched in the side, I guess in case I run into some gun control activists the next 3Gun match I shoot.

I have three Spike's lowers, one with a 10.3" DD MK18 upper, one with an 11.5" BCM upper and one with a 16" Colt 6920 upper. None of them were any problem putting together, everything fit well and I used Spike's LPKs for all of them. When I build my 3 gun rifle, it will also be on a Spike's lower. You can't beat them for the money.