Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket vs. Glock Barrel

frankge

I dunno but I keep going back to my glock oem barrel on my G34. Took it to the bench yesterday and maybe it's me but my EFK (non ported) was low and all over the place. The Glock was right on. Shot a match last night and my scores were improved. Are aftermarks barrels really justified or just bling? BTW - I polished my oem so it's shiny too!

Edited by frankge

I dunno but I keep going back to my glock oem barrel on my G34. Took it to the bench yesterday and maybe it's me but my EFK (non ported) was low and all over the place. The Glock was right on. Shot a match last night and my scores were improved. Are aftermarks barrels really justified or just bling? BTW - I polished my oem so it's shiny too!

Not surprised, EFK is lower quality than Glock. Not sure why anyone would replace a decent quality barrel with one that is lower. Bar-Sto, KKM, sure, but EFK?

EFK (in my experience) are pretty low quality. Glock barrels are usually ver yaccurate, most people change them out so they can shoot lead, or in some cases eke out that last little bit of accuracy with a custom fit barrel.

KKM, Barsto.... those are top notch. Lone Wolf, Storm Lake..... good. EFK - gunshow fodder. Your results may vary.

I still have the factory barrel in my 34 it's very accurate even off a bench I see no reason to change my barrel unless I was going to shoot lead I shoot mgs through it the way I see it if it isn't broke don't fix it. BTW I bought my 34 from mo local gun shop couple years ago it was range rental gun so I have lots of rounds through my oem barrel it's impressed me

My experience is that my 3 Storm Lake barrels G17, G22 & G24 are all more accurate than the stock barrels. In 9mm I use the SL all the time. Don't shoot the G22 much and the SL is still in it. My 6" for the G24 will be for sale soon. I'm not convinced that in 40S&W it will feed as reliably as the stock Glock. Cycling does not feel as smooth as the stock barrel. I may get a Jarvis for the G24.

I use the OEM bbls. Maybe its just me, but the hassle of my fitting or paying someone to fit an aftermarket barrel to get a bit more accuracy doesn't seem worthwhile. The OEM barrels are plenty accurate enough for my purposes. Their chambers also seem more tolerant of the mixed bag of brass that I scavenge.

Now, if I shot lead, and wanted to worry less about pressure issues, I might go for a conventionally rifled aftermkt bbl.