Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark Otto Load 2 Belt

Zukeep

Im loading 10 in around 5 seconds (no shooting) rolling the gun upside down with my firing hand and loading weak hand with very little practice. Im timing myself from the shoulder, move at the buzzer and reshoulder when done. The only problem I have with the belt the vest VS off the belt is sometimes the vest gets in the way. It is faster than off the belt though. Im saving the vest for shotgun stages with high load counts.

I started with weak-hand load two from the Otto belt, but this year I switched over to strong-hand. Once I got the hang of it, strong hand was faster and more consistent. It also pretty much requires wearing a glove on the weak hand to avoid the occasional bit of barrel burn...

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure a glove would be required. I currently only wear a glove on my

strong hand because I cant load with one on the weak hand.

I have been practicing off the table but cant get a real idea of the time savings. Going to borrow a

load 2 rig from a friend, hopefully today so I can see if the change is worthwhile.

Currently I can weak hand load consistently under 8 seconds. Requires constant practice and still fumble

too often. If I can weak hand load the load 2's in 6 seconds I guess

it would be worthwhile.

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure a glove would be required. I currently only wear a glove on my

strong hand because I cant load with one on the weak hand.

I have been practicing off the table but cant get a real idea of the time savings. Going to borrow a

load 2 rig from a friend, hopefully today so I can see if the change is worthwhile.

Currently I can weak hand load consistently under 8 seconds. Requires constant practice and still fumble

too often. If I can weak hand load the load 2's in 6 seconds I guess

it would be worthwhile.

From what I've seen and done myself......within about 30 minutes of solid practice, you can get down to 6 seconds. Takes a little longer to be smooth and consistant with it, but the learning curve is very fast.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

I own one.

I am an oddball. I an right handed but cross eye dominant. Therefore I shoot long guns as a lefty (shooting as a righty feels odd even holding it).

I flip the shotgun over with my firing hand, and load shells with my support hand.

This is really nice for me because I am right handed and retain my dexterity for loading shells.

This is how I do it too. I wear a glove on the left hand if it is a long SG stage and I remember to put it on.

I should use the "skinny" one but the large feels better.

That's what she said.

I load strong hand over teh shoulder. I don't break my grip from the gun with my left hand when I roll it over. I have no problems with burning my hands. Some people rotate the gun and keep their hand more upright, pinching the gun in the upside down position, I don't do it that way.

Here's a video of the first day I had my load 2 vest. It's not very impressive, but you can see how I grip the gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a video of me with my new Versa Max and the Load Two Belt. I'm loading 10rds. I just started this week. My 7yr old was on the video, gun was mounted and he said go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MPN5Y4h4s

Nice. It seems if you held the gun a little lower you'd save quite a bit of motion. (or the belt higher )

Edited by MiniUzi