Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is $800 a good price for a used Super 1050 shipped?

I WOULD JUMP ON IT! that's a really good deal w/o the powder measrure & conversion kit.........

uhhh they are almost 1700 dollars NEW so I would say have price $800 would be a little too high on the price. Get em down to $500, now that would be a deal.

Not quite. Dillon products retain value very well, even with some missing parts, $800 is a steal. More often than not used presses go for 5-15% off new price.

I would buy that in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Do keep in mind that Dillon does not offer the No BS warranty on the 1050's. Keep that in mind if it is broken or missing parts.

Pat

Correct - so the discount off of full retail/new for a 1050 should, by reasonable logic, be greater than the discount off the other presses that will be fixed to "good as new" free of charge. Some of the key parts can be pricey - for example, if the shell plate is damaged (it can get nicked near the edges of the opening for the rounds), buying another will run about a C note, so you really have to be able to examine the press to spot any defects, whereas with a non-1050 Dillon, you're just risking the aggravation of sending it back to AZ for rework.

If you can find any 1050 for less than $1000, buy it.

A total refurb. will run about $150 and you will get practically a new press.

Was the press abused with an Auto-Drive?

Does the seller have the "missing" parts and "saving" them for another, maybe new, 1050?