Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Senna

Just watched the "documentary" Senna.

noflash.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. Very touching, emotional, enjoyable as a cross between a documentary and a film. Good use of Ayrton's interviews to make him seem like a integral part of the narration...

A must see for F1 enthusiasts!

Prost fans be warned - he is cast in a fairly negative light in this film!

*edited picture*

Edited by Unregistered

It seems to be making a tour of sorts according to the Facebook page. If you happen to be in Holland, MI this week you can catch it at the Knickerbocker Theater. ;)

It does mention it coming to DVD & Bluray soon in the UK but I think you can stream it on Netflix

Edited by warpspeed

• 2 months later...

Yeah-drove sixty miles to see it in theater. Just bought it on iTunes. I thought Jackie Clark was good, Ayrton is better. Real racers. He used to talk about driving "unconsciously"-which was first talked about at Monaco. Very similar to running a gun fast. Open wheel racing is the extreme and Formula 1 is the most extreme. Great movie.

• 3 weeks later...

having not seen F1 during that era, i knew only of "a driver who died at the track" at the time.

watching it recently you see how big an impact he had, and still has, not only in brazil but in motorsports.

the early 90's must have been an awesome time to be a motorsoprts fan what with senna/prost and rainey/schwantz

• 2 months later...

Saw it last night. Excellent movie. Very well done with "commentary" done with people that were there at the time.

One of the best documentary/movies I've seen in a loooong time. Definitely the best sports one.

A MUST to watch for not just F1 fans, but all race fans.