Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the M&P .40 and 9mm top ends interchangable on a .40 Frame

sasquatch981

Like the title says, I have a line on a complete 9mm top end. However, I have a .40. Can I interchange the slides to play in production, and swap to .40 for limited? Or at least use the 9mm for 3-gun, and the .40 for production?

Can't play in production with the 9mm on the .40 frame, but you are welcome to do so in Limited. People in the past have asked DNROI about swapping slides on Glocks to change calibers for Production and he has always said no, at least for pistol matches. I don't know about 3-gun matches.

How is anyone to know? The frames aren't marked are they? FWIW, I have a .40 and have developed a minor load which should work well. Can't wait for that foot of "Global Warming" we just got, to melt, and the weather to warm up so I can try it under match conditions.

Richard

If your question is more towards, will it work and run without problems? Yes, it should run fine. I've done it between an 9mm FS, 9mm Pro and .40 Pro and there has been no issues. Now as far as eligibility in production, your on your own there!!!

My take on this is that it will work, and to the responses as to being ok for production nobody would know but you. The frame has no indication as to the caliber, and the frame for 9 and 40 are the same.

My take on this is that it will work, and to the responses as to being ok for production nobody would know but you. The frame has no indication as to the caliber, and the frame for 9 and 40 are the same.

It is practially like buying the frame from S&W directly, they wouldn't be shipping you a .40 or 9 specific one. I just try to stick to the rules though, so letter of the law or someting like that.

Time to see if I can find a used deal locally.