Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see your Range Bags & Gun Cases

I have a large Midway range bag, it is so large that I overloaded it and damaged a shoulder trying to catch it as it fell out of a truck. I switched over to two smaller bags to limit the weight while recovering and got tired of digging around for pens, tape, timer batteries, glasses,etc. Yesterday I got a tool caddy and tried it out this morning. Worked great, no hunting for small items, no zippers to fight with. I keep the pistols separate in the old small Academy bag, and the ammo separate also. Here are some photos...

i-rjFvXJG-M.jpg

i-bWg4MpQ-M.jpg

For me, this open tool caddy type bag is going to work much better than the larger Midway bag or the smaller totally enclosed dark bag with no compartments.

Joe

I posted this in the technical forum but looks like I'm mostly getting replies from the pistol only guys. Looking for some ideas on how to get my stuff to the range. Considering the Safariland 3 Gun Case and the Midway Range Bag. Let's see what everyone is using. Go!

I would avoid the midway bag, its a copy of the shooters connection bag, except for the fact that its made of lightweight material, and will not hold up as long as the shooters connection bag. Wheras the shooters connection bag is made extra heavy duty material. chuck has an advertisement somewhere where he has like 3 or 5 cases of bullets sitting on top of his bag and it looks like it hadn't moved a bit, thats how tough his bag is. I have had one for 5 years now, and other than it being a little dirty, it has held up well. Just like our other shooting equipment, you buy the best and be done with it..

I use a Shooters Connection range bag for my Pistol stuff, have been using it for six years now and it is still like new, except for the dirt. I use it at pistol matches and keep it in the truck at 3gun matches. I use a Condor drag bag for my rifle and shotgun, it is three years old and has held up well. At ranges where parking is close, I go to the truck between stages and carry only what I need for the next stage. If that is not feasible, I can put my pistol and some ammo in the side pocket of the drag bag and use the backpack straps. I carry rifle and shotgun ammo to 3gun matches in seperate small bags that generally stay in the truck. These smaller bags dedicated to certain types of ammo help keep the back of the Expedition from looking like it has been in a rollover at the end of a match :roflol:

Hurley

I have the CTD SWAT bag and I could not be more happy!! I has everything but a water bottle slot but I take a large half gallon so it doesn't affect me. Has everything I'm going to need for my 3 gun matches except my belt.

Pistol in one side pocket and all the mags in the loops. Three caddies, two single double stack mag holders, holster, eyes and ears on half of the main area and all the ammo I'll need on the other side. Basic cleaning kit, some extra chokes, roll of pasters, extra foam backup plugs, and some other stuff on the other side pocket. The two end pockets have my up-lula, staple gun, spray paint, set of shooting gloves if needed, extra set of eyes, chamber flags, and a few other items. If I know I'll need extra stuff, it has molle straps that I can just attach what I need.

And $20 on sale. It is not the best bag I've seen but it is far, far from something that you get as a promo. Next time they are on sale at CTD, I'll be getting two more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's hard to beat the Shooters Connection Tournament Series bag; ample room and the inner bag design is great. For the price Shooters Connection have on them now, makes it even more a better choice.

Academy range bag, its kinda mid sized. lotsa zippered pockets lets you separate your items and has a pull out stage kit. long guns are in a VooDoo tactical 48" double rifle case. one big out side pocket thats about half the size of the main compartment, and 3 more smaller pockets. backpack straps and a shoulder strap.

Medium-size Bagmaster bag if pistols only; has outer pockets for 2 and plenty of room for ammo, belt and other accessories, provided you leave the kitchen sink at home. Have had it for 15+years and it has held up GREAT.

For 3-gun, I often use the same VooDoo double-rifle case Ken mentioned and if I'm not mistaken, Jesse T has one also. Big, heavy zippers, plenty of pockets and padded straps to carry as a "backpack". Can get heavy so sometimes I opt for simple single long gun bags and a VooDoo backpack for ammo and 3-gun accessories. Depends on the match and my mood.