Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 EGW Area 8 Championship

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intent was to post one stage per day until they were all done but I am going to be away for a couple of days and will not have access to my PC to do this. Thank you Akai Custom Guns and Nevco Targets for your understanding.

We would like to thank Nevco Targets for sponsoring stage eleven of the Area 8 EGW Championship.

Stage9Sponsor.jpg

We would like to thank Akai Custom Guns for sponsoring stage twelve of the Area 8 EGW Championship.

Stage10Sponsor.jpg

The match books should be out in the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

We're down to the home stretch in terms of registrations. We've just released 14 more PREMIUM weekend slots, including 5 all day Saturday slots. There are also some AM/AM and AM/PM splits available. I expect to start a wait list with tomorrow's mail delivery. You'll be notified via email if you're on the waitlist. All entries recieved as of last Saturday's mail have been entered and uploaded.

Also needed to add!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't squadded yourself by now, It would be a good idea to do so! Otherwise we will squad you where ever we can fit you in at. Thanks, H!

The clock continues to tick down to the first shot of the EGW 2012 Area 8 Championship. Only three and a half weeks to go! In case you're wondering what kind of competition you'll be facing, take a look at the attached PDF.

As a side note, we're down to the last TWO competitor slots. Get'em while you can.

2012 A8 competitor stats.pdf

Once again here is the stage drawing for stage seven for the Area 8 EGW Championship. Thank you Jager Products Inc. for sponsoring the stage.

http://www.jagerproducts.com

Stage6A.jpg

Looks like a great match. I am really looking forward to it.

I have a concern about stage 7. Per 4.3.1.4 stages need to have at least one paper target. That is required to differentiate Major from Minor scoring.

"4.3.1.4 Various sizes of metal plates may be used (see Appendix B5),

however, metal plates must not be used exclusively in a course

of fire. At least one authorized paper target or Popper must be

included in each course of fire."

No issues here

Thanks,

Alma

Edited by alma

Once again here is the stage drawing for stage seven for the Area 8 EGW Championship. Thank you Jager Products Inc. for sponsoring the stage.

I have a concern about stage 7. Per 4.3.1.4 stages need to have at least one paper target. That is required to differentiate Major from Minor scoring.

Thanks,

Alma

Read your own quote of 4.3.1.4. "or Popper"

Thanks,

Alma

Read your own quote of 4.3.1.4. "or Popper"

Thank you; I stand corrected. I suppose that is what I get for not carefully reading my own paste .

Looking forward to the match.

Alma

Hello and welcome to the 2012 EGW Area 8 Championship. The match is coming along nicely and we will be having 12 stages 254 rounds plus chrono this year. We have a record breaking 360 competitors registered for the match and look forward to giving you the show you all deserve. The directions to the range and match book links are located below. If you want or need a copy of the match book at the event, please print out a copy for yourself. We couldn't make this match happen without our sponsors, please consider using them when you make your next purchase.

Fredericksburg in August is typically hot if you haven't been to our event before. Hydration is key, you will need to start hydrating yourself at least a day in advance if not sooner than that. We will have plenty of shade and water on each stage for you. Even with that, you must start hydrating yourself before you compete and especially during the match. We will also have alot of staff working the match this year. This should help with stage resetting and give you an opportunity to recover. Please be advised that you are still required to help set steel & tape targets (after they've been scored, lol).

If you are registered and or squadded for the match, take a moment and check what squad you are on. Also verify the time schedule you are shooting and when you need to be at the range. All squads are limited to 12 competitors, with no exceptions. Please don't miss your scheduled time to shoot, as the alternative remedy will not be pleasant for you and or the staff. The prize table will be a random double blind drawing conducted prior to the event. All prizes will be distributed to competitors at registration. Make sure you check your division, USPSA #, class and scoring (minor or major) at registration. We will be using palm scoring as usual at this years match. The results will be posted to the USPSA.org web site at the end of each day. You will be given a record of your hits after completion of each stage. Remember that the palm is the only official record of score, not your receipt, make sure that the hits and or penalties are recorded accurately on the palm at the completion of scoring. The staff will review the scoring with you at that time not during scoring. Parking will be at the top of the hill from the shooting bays near the skeet fields. No parking for competitors will be allowed down near the shooting bays. Please remember to keep your speed at 5mph on the road coming into the range. There is a soccer field and residential homes located on the range road. Please watch for children and be considerate of our neighbors.

We will have a competitor briefing at 930 am Thursday morning, 730 am on Friday & Saturday morning. Also a 1230 pm competitor meeting for the afternoon squads on Saturday. Eye protection is mandatory on all of Fredericksburg Rod & Gun clubs property, including the parking lot. We will have a food vendor at the range and yes it will be the same one we had last year, Crazy Jacks.

Thank you for attending and competing at this years match sincerely, the Area 8 Staff.

match book

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByaE1z6HZigGSDI2djFFaU80VGM/edit?pli=1

Range address

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=210835242473978827741.000488129f7fe016734d2&t=m&z=6&vpsrc=0&iwloc=00048aad02eb8d6745594&f=d&daddr=Fredericksburg+Rod+%26+Gun+Club+Inc+%4038.228126,-77.44238

Anybody have a weekend slot they'd like to trade for a Friday slot? I was supposed to be taking a class at Quantico that finished on Thurs, but I got a call today changing that to a different class that runs all week, and all of the following week, so I can't shoot on Friday as squadded. D'oh, the ONE time I manage to plan a major match that works perfectly with a gov't subsidized trip, and I might not get to shoot....ugh.

The stages are coming along nicely for the match. We have been fine tuning them and tweeking them for your shooting pleasure! LOL! The weather is supposed to be in the mid 80's for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I want to thank, Lew Walker, Rob Karp, BJ Karp, Seth Long, Tiffany Gonsman, Phillip, GG, Mike Spencer, Harold Wolf, Troy Hayes, Steve and Cindy Thomas, Kelly Cobean, Ethan Cobean, Frank Hum, Vince Seivert, Allen Pfeifer, Josh Crowley, Scott Crowley, Matt Simmons and David Sinnott. These are the folks that have contributed to building this match since Saturday when we started. These VOLUNTEERS have chipped in and helped out to make our 2012 EGW Area 8 Championship happen. When you see them on the range, give them an applause and thank them for contributing their time.

When you see Rob Burkindine, Lew Walker, Maksim Netrebov or the Money Man, just remember these gentlemen and THANK THEM, these are the guys that brought the match to the the point you show up and get registered! They are the operation center of this match and without them we wouldnt have so much fun.

I also want to thank George Jones for being the Range Master this year and OF COURSE ALL OF OUR EXCELLENT STAFF!!!!!!

These folks have sacrificed their vacation time, personal day, sick time, comp time and time from their families all for our sake!!!!!!!!! Remember that when you walk onto a stage this weekend. Everyone one of our volunteers has sacrificed something to be at this match, I just cant thank them enough. Thats where you all come in, thanks, have a great match and see you on the range! H!

The stages are coming along nicely for the match. We have been fine tuning them and tweeking them for your shooting pleasure! LOL! The weather is supposed to be in the mid 80's for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I want to thank, Lew Walker, Rob Karp, BJ Karp, Seth Long, Tiffany Gonsman, Phillip, GG, Mike Spencer, Harold Wolf, Troy Hayes, Steve and Cindy Thomas, Kelly Cobean, Ethan Cobean, Frank Hum, Vince Seivert, Allen Pfeifer, Josh Crowley, Scott Crowley, Matt Simmons and David Sinnott. These are the folks that have contributed to building this match since Saturday when we started. These VOLUNTEERS have chipped in and helped out to make our 2012 EGW Area 8 Championship happen. When you see them on the range, give them an applause and thank them for contributing their time.

When you see Rob Burkindine, Lew Walker, Maksim Netrebov or the Money Man, just remember these gentlemen and THANK THEM, these are the guys that brought the match to the the point you show up and get registered! They are the operation center of this match and without them we wouldnt have so much fun.

I also want to thank George Jones for being the Range Master this year and OF COURSE ALL OF OUR EXCELLENT STAFF!!!!!!

These folks have sacrificed their vacation time, personal day, sick time, comp time and time from their families all for our sake!!!!!!!!! Remember that when you walk onto a stage this weekend. Everyone one of our volunteers has sacrificed something to be at this match, I just cant thank them enough. Thats where you all come in, thanks, have a great match and see you on the range! H!

Thanks for all of the hard work. :cheers: See you this weekend.