Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P sights

open67

Likewise a DP adjustable rear and .100 wide fiber optic on the front. Can't remember for sure but think Dawson told me a .285 tall height for the front; but, I'm hard headed and got the .265" and it's working quite well.

I'm using a Warren Sevigny Competition rear mated with a 0.115" wide Dawson front (plain black). 0.180" high which is right at factory height (I think factory might actually be 0.185", but either day its a minimal difference).

Dawson recommends a 305 for the 5 inchers with their rear. That is what I have and works fine. If I had a do-over I would get the 285. The 245 bottomed out before I got to the point of impact. 305 is tall and I can't quite figure out why Dawson didn't adjust the rear notch lower so the front would not be so tall.

Dawson recommends a 305 for the 5 inchers with their rear. That is what I have and works fine. If I had a do-over I would get the 285. The 245 bottomed out before I got to the point of impact. 305 is tall and I can't quite figure out why Dawson didn't adjust the rear notch lower so the front would not be so tall.

Contact Dawson on it...

I am getting the fixed rear for my 5-inch M&P40 Pro, and asked them which front would work (I didn't read the description on the rear fully, which recommends one for the long slides)? They said that if it doesn't work, they will supply a sight that does.

I looked at the adjustable, but didn't want the .305 front. Too tall for me.

I looked at the adjustable, but didn't want the .305 front. Too tall for me.

I would love to have an adjustable rear sight on my 9Pro but I too don't want a front sight that is .300" high. As it is my POI is low so the only other fiber option I see is a .020" lower front which is not enough. I was starting to get frustrated when I realized both my 9FS and 40L have Trijicon night sights and I have no problem with sight picture or POI on either of them. So I am ditching the factory FO sights and installing Trijicon SA37's.

I run the stock rear sight and a .100 wide dawson serrated front on my pro. I will probably try out a .110 or .115 wide on my spare pro and see how that goes.

I went with the .115 red with stock rear and like it quite a bit better than the stock front even though it wasn't a huge change.

I have not been satisfied with the FO sights on my 9Pro as it shoots low. Admittedly, it's probably more me than the gun but this is the only M&P that I have an issue with. I seriously considered the adjustable rear sight but I didn't want a tall front sight on a competition/carry gun. I shoot IDPA and even though the tall FO front is legal I would never carry such a gun for SD and that is one of the tenants of IDPA.

I sat on the problem fro a while before I realized my other 2 competition rigs; 9FS and 40L have Trijicon SA37's and I love em. So I said screw the FO's and installed a set of Trijicons on the Pro. Sent 300 rounds downrange the other night and it was the first time I have been happy with the gun. If I do my part the bullet now goes where it should.

What I like about the Trijicon's:

* Extremely low profile

* I have no problem picking up white outlines in normal or low light conditions

* In very low light the Tritium tubes keep the sights usable

$111 from Amazon with free shipping (Prime).