Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it Christmas Yet?

I've got a Dillon 1050 in a cardboard box sitting 4 feet to my left and I am loading a couple hundred 9mm's on my Rock Chucker single stage press. Not fair. Actually I think it is a Dillon 1050 but I have to wait till Christmas morning to find out. :rolleyes:

Um yea NOT. My 650 came last week. And yea it's up and running. Kids are giving me all kinds of crap!!! But in all defense my schedule post Christmas wil not allow me the necessary time to properly set it up and fine tune. So the empty boxes will be under the tree. Y'all have a Merry Christmas.

Too funny. Conversely I have the week after Christmas off and that's what is keeping me going. The only thing that might screw up the works is if my order of bullets does not arrive on time. Don't even want to think about it.

I've got a Dillon 1050 in a cardboard box sitting 4 feet to my left and I am loading a couple hundred 9mm's on my Rock Chucker single stage press. Not fair. Actually I think it is a Dillon 1050 but I have to wait till Christmas morning to find out. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh... brutal, and good, at the same time.

be

It's a 1050 alright. :D What an awesome machine. This thing is built like any number of industrial machines I have worked on over the years. All of a sudden my other consumer/hobbyist looking stuff doesn't belong on the bench with it. Very impressive.

I unboxed it last night then started setting it up around 6AM. It really went better than I thought. Instructions were decent but not great. A fair amount of time was spent setting up the powder measure and powder check which is working well at this point. After that the only thing I had to adjust was the bullet seat depth.

Finished up around 11AM with about 150 finished rounds from fitting and test runs. I'm having one technical issue but I'll start a new thread for that.

The primer charging is better than I expected. The metal pickup tray is great and I wish I had one years ago. Picking up primers with the plastic tips is a breeze so I can fill a tube in no time. The spent primer tray was catching 50% of the ejected primers so that was annoying. But I remembered the mod I saw here so I sawed off the one .223 case I had, attached a tube and that problem is solved.

I does set me back when I look at it; loading a batch was a multi day process and now I can crank out enough rounds for a month in a couple hours. Maybe I will actually have some time to go to the range now...