Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lower parts kit

Get'em Duck

I'm building my first AR, I have the lower but now need the LPK, I know most mil spec kits come with a junk trigger. Does anyone sell a kit with a nice trigger? I thought I seen Palmetto selling kits with geisslie trigger, does anyone else offer a kit with a good trigger or do most people buy the LPK and just toss the parts they don't use? I have the grip I want and the trigger guard I want so these parts I don't need.

Thanks for the help guys,

I just built one with a standard lpk and polished the surfaces, then threaded the grip screw hole and installed a pretravel stop. It's . . . OK. I also have a Gieselle 2-stage trigger that utterly blows it away. if I had to summarize:

1. Stock LPK trigger: crap. Crap you don't want to shoot, it will take the fun out of it.

2. Stock LPK trigger with effort: not crap, capable of performing to a reasonable standard.

3. Pro trigger: One and done. No further work necessary, ever.

So the question is do you want a really good trigger with a $200 price tag, or a decent trigger with an elbow-grease price tag?

A $200.00 price tag sucks but if that is what I need to do to build a nice rifle then so be it I don't want to cut corners that will effect accuracy. I know barrel and trigger pulls do a lot for accuracy.

Thanks for the input guys I'll plan on getting a nice LPK and the drop the coin on a trigger. I know Gieselle are top shelf does any one with a smaller price tag even come close? Also does any forum sponsors carry a LPK and the gieselle.

A $200.00 price tag sucks but if that is what I need to do to build a nice rifle then so be it I don't want to cut corners that will effect accuracy. I know barrel and trigger pulls do a lot for accuracy.

Thanks for the input guys I'll plan on getting a nice LPK and the drop the coin on a trigger. I know Gieselle are top shelf does any one with a smaller price tag even come close? Also does any forum sponsors carry a LPK and the gieselle.

Rock River makes a trigger for around $110, but I can't vouch for the feel of it. AR15.com should have tons of reviews.

tried a friends timney trigger and just wasnt impressed.

I have a timney in my rifle and I am at the other end, I am very happy with it. I have shot a JP trigger which I did like more than my timney, but it wasn't far behind it.

There are a lot of good triggers out there for the AR. For my precision rifles I love the Jard as they can easily be tuned down to a crisp 1.25lb pull and I actually prefer it to the Jewell, McCormick and the Timney. With the Jard though you have to be pretty good at trigger adjustment, not something for the complete novice. I haven't had a chance to try the Geiselle trigger so I can't comment on that, but I've heard good things.

Best bang for the buck though is the RRA 2-Stage match trigger. A while back there was a guy selling LPK's with them for like $100 on GB. This is what what I'm running in my current 3-gun rig with 100% reliability. I've run thousands of rounds threw them without one sign of malfunction or breakage. Plus if you're a novice you just pin it in and go.

Unless you're looking to build a flat out Battle rifle, just about anything out there beats a Mil-Spec trigger.

There are a lot of good triggers out there for the AR. For my precision rifles I love the Jard as they can easily be tuned down to a crisp 1.25lb pull and I actually prefer it to the Jewell, McCormick and the Timney. With the Jard though you have to be pretty good at trigger adjustment, not something for the complete novice.

+1. If not adjusted properly, Jards can be prone to "doubling" which can... uh... result in unwanted attention.

I've done a ton of JP triggers and like them, but have also been pretty impressed with the drop-in AR-Gold trigger.