Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135gr Bayou Bullet

Scoobb

So i've read a couple threads on this particular bullet and I have a good idea where to start. My bullets should be here wednesday and I will be loading 9mm minor.

My two powders I like and have on hand for 9 minor are imr sr7625 and n320. The max oal I usually load to is 1.150 due to the mag, I'm not sure yet if these bullets will still let me go that long due to their profile.

Anyway I'm looking for some info from people that have loaded these bullets with one of the above two powders. It's a lot harder to find good data for odd bullet weights and the fact that their coated.

Any first hand experience would be much appreciated. I should be able to get out and chrono them sometime next weekend and I will post those results as well, but as of yet the bullets aren't in my hands.

Thanks

How is the accuracy at 1.135 ? I got the bullets today and noticed they hit the lands pretty quick, I was planning on loading to 1.135 with these as well. Well I've got a good idea of where to start with the n320, I've just been trying to figure out where to start with the 7625. I'm sure I will figure it out, I will try to post chrono results saturday if this rain ever stops.

well I shot a couple shots through the chrono today, but won't be able to do more testing till saturday. 3.5 n320 at 1.135 oal shot 954 fps, and 3.8 7625 at 1.135 oal shot 909 fps. So it looks like i'll need to bump the 7625 up to at least 4.0 hopefully not much more than that.