Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18" Saber AR 15

LiLT

I am wanting to know where to find a New 18" fluted Saber defense barrel 410 version with 1/8 twist, to finish an AR 15 rifle. This is the last piece I need. Please help me find it is a gift to my futur husband!?? =)

With gifts such as this... I can be your future husband!:devil:

Pat

May be difficult, being that Saber went bankrupt and the assets were purchased at auction earlier this year by Manroy USA.

That just means the value of the barrel I have doubled, they don't make them anymore. Good to know I was at the gun show the other day and saw several Sabre rifles. They must have had the same finance manager as the Solar Cell company that lost $500,000,000.00.

Sabre gave out a LOT of barrels at prize tables in the past 4 years. Put a WTB ad on the classifieds here at ENOS and you may get someone w/ a new in wrap barrel.

This.

This is great BTW. My wife signed up on the forum to get me an ACOG out of the classifieds for fathers day... I was extremely suprised and pleased. Good luck!

It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, with the only problem they didn't put in the needle.

It's nearly impossible to find a brand new stand-alone Sabre fluted barrel, either in 16" or 18". I had one in 2010 and I regret selling it.

Sabre gave out a LOT of barrels at prize tables in the past 4 years. Put a WTB ad on the classifieds here at ENOS and you may get someone w/ a new in wrap barrel.

This.

This is great BTW. My wife signed up on the forum to get me an ACOG out of the classifieds for fathers day... I was extremely suprised and pleased. Good luck!

Rainier Arms still has fluted 6.5G Sabre barrels, and Gov profile 5.56 barrels for sale. You may try calling to see if they may have a fluted 5.56 barrel that's not listed online. www.rainierarms.com

You could always buy him the entire rifle:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=265194792

Edited by Bryan 45

Bravo Company sells an 18 inch version of their SAM-R barrel. And if I recall correctly, fluting is an option.

I have an unfluted 20 inch SAM-R. It is outstandingly accurate especially with hornady 75gr HPBT. The BCM is 410 stainless as well.