Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the American Cornhole Association

ErikW

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should love this...flex posted directions to the buckeye blast in another thread. anyway, you have to pass through a town called "gaysport" to get there. i assume this is where cornholing was invented!

I am now negotiating to have a cornhole side match at the next USPSA nationals.

Looks a hell of a lot cheaper than pistols and three guns. And no sights to break.

Yea Erik

You can break your bag. Did I just say that? :ph34r:

• 4 months later...

Gee, I guess we Texans from the Hills are not into the Urban delights found in parts of Ohio...and here I thought Frisco was the Cornhole capital or the US, followed closly by Washington DC and New Yuck City....

Whoda thunkit?? :P

You guys are NUTS! You need to get a cornhole set and start playing!! Here in southwest Ohio, cornhole is huge!!!!!! Bufalo Wild Wings (BW3's) have tournaments every saturday night. The bowling alleys are starting to have indoor cornhole leagues. The most popular fundraisers in the area are no longer three on three basketball tournaments or softball tournys. You can't even go to a football game, either pro, college, or high school, and not see cornhole games EVERYWHERE!

It's actually a really addicting game. It's also really easy to set up and anyone can play despite physical or muscular advantage or disadvantage. You can also play it while incredibly intoxicated, which is a plus at any bengals game in which they loose, again, so I heard anyway.

Believe it or not, cornhole is growing, and it may be in a town near you in the very close future!

If you don't believe me, go look up cornhole stuff on ebay. There is a ton of it, and it's all from cincinnati or louisville areas. (It's big in the tri state area, ohio, indiana, and kentucky)

Ive lived in the Ohio and Kentucky area my entire life and I only heard of this in the last couple of years.

When you have never heard of it you get a little densive when a guy approches you and ask's "hey you want to play cornhole" :blink: Or "me and the guys were having a few beers and playing some cornhole, want to join us"

I said "no thanks Im a happily married heterosexual"

Ive never played it myself, I just cant get past the name :wacko:

GMW2B wrote: "Its a popular game in the area around Dupont Circle!" -That would be an area in Washington D.C. known for predominantly gay/lesbian/bi/transgendered (GLBT)-friendly establishments. The Circle is also known by the not-so-P.C. nic-name "fruit loop".

As for how I would know what GLBT means? I spent 2 years of re-education/indoctrination at the hippie-haven known as University of Oregon, Eugene, before making my escape back into the real world. Eugene was a cool town in a wild state & I liked it there; the closed-minded crap they taught at U. of O. was not so cool.

Not sure how much corn-holing really goes on back there at U. of O. Don't really want to know actually.

From what I hear, most of what "goes on" at the U/O is a lot of under-age drinking, screwing, puking, neighborhood-trashing, bonfires in the streets and the usual college crap. More police overtime is devoted to weekends near the U/O than anywhere else in town. <_<

Excellent U/O summary Sig Lady! All that stuff went on & more! However, no cornholing at U/O - - at least not the sort of cornholing we're talking bout here.

Looks like a certain U.S. political party must really feel corn-holed today! (you know - like they just finished a game of cornhole of course). But that might be considered a political comment so please moderate if need be.