Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I plan to come up this year for my 1st time. Can someone help me out some? How far is it between stages? Will I need my vehicle or rent a golf cart?

My wife will not be able to stay all day so I'll be without a ride. So I need to know if I need to reserve a golf cart or can I hoof it?

I'll be shooting AM at best, if that makes a difference...

Ok, I plan to come up this year for my 1st time. Can someone help me out some? How far is it between stages? Will I need my vehicle or rent a golf cart?

My wife will not be able to stay all day so I'll be without a ride. So I need to know if I need to reserve a golf cart or can I hoof it?

Some of the stages require you to actually leave the main Rockcastle property, drive down a public road, and then return to Rockcastle property. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk. Golf cart would be good as long as their is an alternative route not requiring the use of public roads.

How are the roads? Would one be ok bringing their metrosexual commuter vehicle (Honda Civic) or do I need to bring the pick em up truck?

Where the stages were last year, you shouldn't have any problem using a small car. However, if there is heavy rain I wouldn't recommend it.

I guess my wife will have to use the golf cart then...

Some of the stages require you to actually leave the main Rockcastle property, drive down a public road, and then return to Rockcastle property. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk. Golf cart would be good as long as their is an alternative route not requiring the use of public roads.

Sign in Link

http://www.LChico5u.com/ar15.html

Application Link

http://www.rock3gun.com/files/Rock3Gun_App.pdf

Match website

http://www.rock3gun.com/

Sign in is tonight at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific - if you are Canadian or in Hawaii/Alaska please adjust that time to suit your location). The system will not take any TEST entries after 8:30 PM Eastern Time (7:30 PM Central, 6:30 PM Mountain & 5:30 PM Pacific) today, so that I can set it up for the REAL sign in. If you try to submit an entry at that time. you will simply get a message that you are "too early." If you submit an entry when the clock on the page reads 9:29:59 PM, you will get the "Too Early" message. Hit the "Back Arrow" on your internet browser & submit again.

Please remember that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. Nearly everyone who complained about "late or missing" test notices had errors when I went back and reviewed the sign in information. The comma on the keyboard is right next to the period. If there is a comma in an email address, it goes nowhere.

RO's can skip the online sign in if they are shooting with staff. RO's can just write "RO" on the registration code line of the application. Amy at Rockcastle will assign a registration code when she gets the RO application.

Sponsored competitors can skip the online sign in if they are CERTAIN 1.) their sponsor IS supporting the match and 2.) donating at the level which earns a free shooting slot and 3.) they will be designated by their sponsor. EVERY major match I work, several shooters send applications & no check. THey write "Sponsored by XYZ Tactical." I have to contact them to tell them XYZ Tactical is not one of the match sponsors.

Also at EVERY major match I work, several shooters send applications, no check and write "Sponsored by BigName Tactical." I have to tell them that BigName Tactical sent us a list of their 2 or 3 sponsored shooters and the applicant's name is not on the list. This happens because BigName Tactical either has a dozen sponsored shooters, and did not tell the team who is designated at this match, or BigName Tactical decided to send a different mix of shooters than usual.

Sponsored shooters can just write "Sponsor - XYZ Tactical" on the registration code line of the application. Amy at Rockcastle will assign a registration code when she gets the Sponsor application IF THE SPONSOR HAS ALREADY AGREED TO SPONSORSHIP. Nick Noble at Rockcastle will check with sponsors to be sure their shooter's names are correct.

If you are working a Pro Clinic, contact Linda Chico via email to get an assigned registration code.

Everyone else needs a registration code. If you do not fall into any of the exempted categories listed in this email, and want to shoot the match -- Sign in tonight.

Once you have a registration code, or any of the by-passes to Registration codes listed above, you can get an application. Note that you can TYPE on the application and this is STRONGLY encouraged. I won't even get into "terrible" handwriting, and just say that even with the best handwriting, it is difficult to tell the number zero from the letter O, or the number one from a lowercase L.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Rockcastle-ARFCOM ProAm Statistician

Edited by LChico

You can get out to the Stages that were way out there via roads on the property. It's faster too but not so easy for two way full size car traffic.

Waiting patiently.....with 2 laptops a desktop and two friends on home computers.....

Gamer!

Gamer...such a dirty word. I prefer strategist!! And after seeing your scores from last year if you jump on the AM side I'm squaddin' with you.

Waiting patiently.....with 2 laptops a desktop and two friends on home computers.....

Gamer!

Gamer...such a dirty word. I prefer strategist!! And after seeing your scores from last year if you jump on the AM side I'm squaddin' with you.

Actually that would be awesome! I once took a couple pistol classes with Phil Strader and Mike Seeklander and the last days were always shooting our local match together. They would help us break down stages and strategize then critique after our run.