Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

chance to get cheap 9mm 1911!

steviesterno

Hey all

I have the chance to get a SS Taurus 1911 in 9mm with all wilson internals locally here for about $400. I want a 9mm to shoot for fun and to tinker with, and I was wondering the general consensus. No Taurus bashers without reason, please. I know they aren't the best, and I currently shoot Les Baers and Springfields, but I thought this might be a fun steel toy and cheaper practice. I plan on loading 9mm soon, too.

Just wondering what ya'll thought, and If I should jump on this or wait and put the money towards the 2011 I'll eventually buy anyway.

Thanks,

Steve

Good thing. The sight cut on the Taurus is less than desirable. You would have had a hard time finding a good variety (if any) of sights.

It is a bit of an odd cut but Novak, Dawson, Williams and a few other's make fixed sights. Not all (but most popular) configurations are offered. Most people can find something they like. The only adj sights I've ever herad of are from Novak but are not listed on the website - have to call.

Thanks for all the input guys, but decided to go with a 2011 in 40 instead. wasn't as cheap, but I figured I could run limited, limited minor, and shoot enough 3 gun with it that I would be happy. Tied up all the gun money in that. Oh well....

If the 9mm is still available, I might like to make an offer. Can you PM me the details?