Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45acp 185 lswchp where to buy?

twister

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

S&S in Ill. has scw 185's not sure what exact semi wadcutter you are looking for...

Give Bear Creek Supply in California a call at 209-874-4322 they are not on the net any more but still doing a good business.

They have Molly Coated Black bullets and they are accurate in my .45's and .38 Specials. The smoke is really light and they are

very accurate with the right load. The prices are right and they respond to orders in a timely manner. Bulk orders give a good discount

and shipping is quite reasonable.

Oldtrooper

• 2 weeks later...

The point of the 185gn L-SWCHP is to maintain the driving band dimensions of a 200gn L-SWC and have that "magic" accuracy of a HP (moving the CG back). Simply going to a 185gn L-SWC will give you shorter driving bands and, in my experience, less accuracy at ranges beyond 25 yds.

As mentioned, the only major sources I am aware of are:

Zero (Rose Distribution or Powder Valley). Powder Valley, if they ever get them and maintain the price, are $157/2000, which is a steal in today's market. I just got in 6000 Zero 200gn L-SWCs.

Precision Delta (their 'net picture sure looks like the bullets have seen better days, but they probably shoot just great)

Magnus.