Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some new 3 gun items from seekins coming out soon.

strangedays

So there is a new line product coming out soon from Seekins Precision it is a new Monolithic Upper system which you can change the rail sizes.

This was pulled from some of his comments that were taken from another forum. There stuff is all built from 7075 billet and I have been using his uppers and lowers for some time now and they have some of the best features I think for the money. (I am in no way connected to the company) :) Just excited to see some new ideas on the table.

The triangular rail was designed out of necessity from shooting 3 gun and sniper competitions where barricade or improvised shooting positions are frequent. At only 2 wide it fits perfectly into your hand and instantly feels at home. On a barricade, barrel, ledge or window opening the flat surfaces give you a very sturdy rest allowing for faster and more accurate shot placement.

2011-11-12_21_39_28.jpg

12 and 14 lengths

round2.JPG

tritop.JPG

tri12.JPG

Edited by strangedays

Didn't you post this earlier?

Thanks for the news...looks interesting

Yes I did but with the way it was worded it made it hard to understand if I worked for Seekins or not, which to be clear I do not.

So the mods had to pull it until I fixed the wording.

Im still trying to figure out what makes this a " Monolithic" upper? I was under the impression a monolithic upper had the upper reciever, forearm and full length top rail machined out of a single piece of material. This one is three pieces bolted together. Not sayin its not a quality piece, but to call it monolithic is decieving, is it not?

Im still trying to figure out what makes this a " Monolithic" upper? I was under the impression a monolithic upper had the upper reciever, forearm and full length top rail machined out of a single piece of material. This one is three pieces bolted together. Not sayin its not a quality piece, but to call it monolithic is decieving, is it not?

I was lost as well. Also, I suspect this stuff will be brutally expensive and out of the price range of most competitors.

I was lost as well. Also, I suspect this stuff will be brutally expensive and out of the price range of most competitors.

Not really, upper and rail of your choice will run right around $500, same as most on the market. Seekins is the same company that builds all of spikes billet stuff also.

Edited by strangedays

I pulled this from some information I got on them.

7075 billet and the rail mounting points are machined in place retaining the stiffness of a true monolithic upper while allowing the rails to be completely modular. This new upper design is much thicker in the most critical area and will aid in squeezing the potential accuracy out of your rifle. Instead of a internally threaded barrel nut this system uses a externally threaded Titanium barrel nut with 1-1/8” wrench flats on it for simple installation. No special proprietary wrenches needed. These will be available for the two new SP rails below as well as the BAR and SAR rails currently sold thru Spikes Tactical.

Glen doesn't price his stuff out there where people can't afford it. He is one of the few guys that lives on making innovative stuff that is actually affordable. Sure it's more expensive than stamped parts, but there is a whole host of little tricks in his lower and this new upper that make it worth the money. Trust me, once a few of these get out there you're all going to placing orders. Glen brought a couple prototypes to the A1 MG match and they got nothing but great feedback.

I thought the same thing when I first saw this.

• 3 weeks later...