Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first Revo match in the morning

bierman

Gonna take the plunge tomorrow and shoot my first USPSA match with the wheelgun. More than likely I will be the only wheelgunner at the match tomorrow, but that's OK. Haven't really had much time to shoot in the last couple of years, but I am planning on changing that as of now. I don't care how much grief I catch for shooting an "antique", I plan on having fun with it. Hopefully I won't embarrass the Brotherhood of the Cylinder too much with my first attempt. Wish me luck.

Have a great time.

It doesn't matter if you are the only one. Set a goal and achieve it. Try to make all your reloads the best you can. Watch your sights and go for A hits.

This is your first match so this is where you can set your standard to improve. No pressure, just time to enjoy.

Good luck.

Well, I really had a blast even though it did not go nearly as well as planned. Learned a few important lessons:

1. Accuracy is key. No room for error. One miss and the whole plan goes away.

2. More live fire practice. I am a production shooter normally and the difference between 130 pf and 165 pf is pretty big, especially from a revo.

3. Don't worry too much about what the other shooters are doing. Their plan probably won't work well for you anyway.

4. Did I mention accuracy??

All in all, a fun experience with much room for improvement. I did have 3 guys in my squad tell me they have been wanting to shoot revo, but have been reluctant because they did not want to be the only one. They told me they would be there next month running wheelguns.

Thanks for the well wishes. They are appreciated.

Well, I really had a blast even though it did not go nearly as well as planned. Learned a few important lessons:

1. Accuracy is key. No room for error. One miss and the whole plan goes away.

2. More live fire practice. I am a production shooter normally and the difference between 130 pf and 165 pf is pretty big, especially from a revo.

3. Don't worry too much about what the other shooters are doing. Their plan probably won't work well for you anyway.

4. Did I mention accuracy??

All in all, a fun experience with much room for improvement. I did have 3 guys in my squad tell me they have been wanting to shoot revo, but have been reluctant because they did not want to be the only one. They told me they would be there next month running wheelguns.

Thanks for the well wishes. They are appreciated.

Bierman, Great, you had fun, you learned and maybe you hooked a couple mor into the Revo. And as No 343 says "Revovler, it is not a Division, it is a Cult" good luck later rdd

I would love to, will have to see if work and finances will allow a trip north of the Red River.

On a slightly different note, I wanted to add that this was probably the most accuracy focused match I have ever shot. Many, many, many partials, tons of no shoots, 8" plates 20+ yards away, tight angles, just about every trick out there to make you have to aim. If you have never shot a match at CTRP in Waco Texas, get yourself there. 3rd Saturday every month. Arthur Brown is the MD and he might be the nicest evil genius you have ever met. He and the rest of his crew there know how to put on a great match.

Edited by bierman