Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone get their DAA/CED range pack pro and want to post up some pictu

digby7

That is sexy! Looks very well thought out as a 'next generation' back pack.

I love my current back packs but they're not optimal. This makes a quantum leap.

I hope the price comes down a bit and someone starts carrying them domestically.

I've had one for a little over a month and I love it.

Like it much better than a "normal" rangebag

So far I've found a few minor things I'd improve.

It really needs a second belt hanger. With only one, the belt dangles too much for my liking

The inside mag pouches are a little too soft so one may have to use one hand to open the hole while the other slips in the mag. But Saul said he'd noticed the same thing andwould try to stiffen them in future productions.

Edited by Cardinal

I've had one for a little over a month and I love it.

Like it much better than a "normal" rangebag

So far I've found a few minor things I'd improve.

It really needs a second belt hanger. With only one, the belt dangles too much for my liking

The inside mag pouches are a little too soft so one may have to use one hand to open the hole while the other slips in the mag. But Saul said he'd noticed the same thing andwould try to stiffen them in future productions.

any chance you can put some pictures up?

I also wish it came in the CED dark blue.

I got mine a couple weeks ago with the intent of using it for an all purpose bag to carry all my stuff in so I don't have to rearrange for each sport that I play, USPSA, IDPA and 3-gun. I have room for everything in this bag. All Sarariland ELS pouched for both pistols, Glock and SV, all shotgun shell carriers, magazines, ammo, etc....one things you should know about this backpack before ordering it is that it is huge. It is a big pack with lots of room. I also ordered some side Molle pouches prior to receiving it thinking that there wouldn't be enough room in the bag for everything that I need to pack for every different kind of match. I beleive that to be wrong now. I may still use the side pouches for extra compartmental organization but off the shelf this pack probably would have managed everything that I need it to do. The only issue I'm trying to work through now, because of it's size, is how to get it on my 3-gun cart for cart friendly 3-gun matches. Overall, I would highly recommend this for anyone that has a lot of "stuff" to carry to a match. If you don't have a lot of stuff or travel lightly this may not be the bag for you, could be overkill. Watch the video posted here, it has a good walk through of the pack.

for those that have one - would you say its bigger than a shooters connection pro bag?

Based on its stated dimensions it is as tall as my SC bag is long and if I remember right just a touch wider. I have a friend getting one and I'm gonna touchy feely (the bag) before I drop the change. Lots that I really like about it but it does look huge.

Definitely looks like I would be interested. I am surprised they did not do the special price intro like they did with the race master holster and belt combo. We will see if $200 is going to slow sales, even though it is quality.

I read about it when it was first introducted and my immediate thought was that if you fill it up you would need a truck to haul it around. When heavy, it may take two people to put it on.

I have a Shooters Connection Tournament bag and a range cart (a converted jogger stroller) and I'm happy with that - reduces neck/shoulder problems. Plus, with my setup, I can haul a couple of friends bags too.

Good luck and I hope it's the bag that ends all bags for you.

HI Guys,

thanks for your comments and interest in our new CED/DAA RangePack Pro.

CED and DAA worked on this bag well over a year before launching this product. A great deal of thought went into each dimension and feature. Are we going to please everyone? Certainly not. that is reality. Some will say its too big, others with say it needs more of this or less of that. But we did our best, and this bag is pretty close to what I would consider a perfect range bag for the serious shooter with lots of gear.

Yes, it is larger than the Shooter's connection range bag (or as know in Europe the CED XL bag).

As for the price - yes, it is an expensive bag, no doubt. But when you see the detailing and features on it you will understand. The production cost of this bag is almost twice of what an CED XL bag costs to make, due to all those features and small quality touches. Also the material used is a finer and more expensive fabric than used in the other CED bags.

I only recently starting using one myself, after 10 or more years with CED XL bags - and I am loving it!

Thanks,

Saul

PS - I'll share a little secret with you here - there is a SUPER COOL custom made range cart in the works now to match this bag... We hope to have it ready early next year.

saw one today at a match. it is extremely big. looking at the numbers - its actually bigger than the rolling bag I use for carry on luggage on flights. it does however feel extremely well made and designed for someone that brings 500 rounds and a backup gun to matches. I think it will be overkill for me but at the same time i'm not going to cram it to the gills with stuff - will probably keep it reasonable - 300 rounds - 1 gun and everything well organized and protected. Cant wait for it to get here.

HI Guys,

PS - I'll share a little secret with you here - there is a SUPER COOL custom made range cart in the works now to match this bag... We hope to have it ready early next year.

Hi Saul,

Will the cart be 3-gun friendly, with holders for both a rifle and a shotgun?

Thanks,

Aaron

How about an introductory price/discount?

Shooters connection with the benos discount. Look into that. I just ordered mine. Not a lot, but is helps. Also I ordered Friday and like 2 hours later I got an email saying it shipped. $22 shipping to CA

Post for discount Link to post