Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help finding a specific shot shell holder

I looked for that too, and couldn't find it. Safari land makes one that can be bolted (yes bolted) to a belt or anything I guess. I was going to try to bolt that to mine, but went with the elastic one from 3 gun gear instead. It works well and holds in place better than I expected.

IIRC Melhorn used to mount the Safariland 2 shell holders directly onto the foreend. Not sure what method he used to secure it.

I have a velcro/elastic one (3gungear I believe) and it works well but it slides forward under recoil. Not a huge deal, I basically reposition it after each match day. Even the female velcro piece stuck on the foreend has slid forward (leaving adhesive residue behind it), so one of these days I'll rip it off and put on a new piece. My estimate is about 3000+ rounds since I installed it. The forward wrap around strap (male velcro) has melted where it contacts the barrel but that doesn't really affect anything.

I think that it is a BladeTech "shotgun shell pouch." I saw that video and liked the set up, so I bought one. I haven't been able to figure out a good way to mount it, that doesn't require some cutting and heating and bending.

Z

Choate makes a 2 shot holder with a belt clip on it. The belt clip can be taken off with 4 screws. I have one and am thinking of putting it on my CZ. The ques I have is would you put it near the back of the forearm or towards the front.

Schultz

I heated and flattened the belt loop of a Safariland, and velcroed it where my Otto was. It doesn't retain the shells during firing, it kicks them out after just a few shots. Might be too much 'bounce' unless they are hard mounted.

I heated and flattened the belt loop of a Safariland, and velcroed it where my Otto was. It doesn't retain the shells during firing, it kicks them out after just a few shots. Might be too much 'bounce' unless they are hard mounted.

I think it might be the 'bounce', because recoil SHOULD actually seat the shells deeper in the holder.

I have the Safariland on my SLP. I just dremeled off the entire belt loop, giving me a nice flat surface on the back and then JB Welded it to the forearm. The first time that I did it, I put it on too far to the back and when loaded, it actually blocked the bolt release button. I repositioned it a few inches forward, where the rim of the shell is slightly forward of the receiver. A few matches and many practice/teaching sessions later, it's still there.